Valued Contributor

Re: Where is best place to buy IPhone 15 plus get carrier?

I paid cash for my iPhone and had it set up with consumer cellular, very happy with the service.

Esteemed Contributor

I recommend checking Amazon under renewed unlocked phones. Today they have an Apple 15 for 789. You can pay over 6 mths, no interest and pick whichever carrier you want and no contract. I bought my last Samsung this way and couldn't be happier; took it into Verizon and they set it up for free ( I gave the consultant a $20 tip).

Super Contributor

The thing with the "free" phones from most carriers is that you have to stay with them for the whole 36 months. If you want to leave them, you'll have to pay, I'm not sure if it's the balance or exactly how much. It's not a big deal if you don't plan on changing carriers. Verizon used to be 24 months but they changed to 36 months. I've done a BOGO with Verizon before and it was fine as long as I stayed with them. 

Respected Contributor

we got free 15s from AT&T, but they have a way of locking you in for three years.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Toot1920 wrote:

The thing with the "free" phones from most carriers is that you have to stay with them for the whole 36 months. If you want to leave them, you'll have to pay, I'm not sure if it's the balance or exactly how much. It's not a big deal if you don't plan on changing carriers. Verizon used to be 24 months but they changed to 36 months. I've done a BOGO with Verizon before and it was fine as long as I stayed with them. 

Ive always been with Verizon, over 2 decades. So as far as switching carriers or feeling locked in, that would be a non- isssue to do so with a major carrier id think.  3 years for $1100 phone sounds like a deal if you get a decent plan. Why would they want to leave i say?

Super Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ, I was with Verizon since 2005. It is a deal as long as you stay with that carrier and don't want to change phones for 3 years. I figured what I would pay for coverage for three years with Verizon. Then I figured what I would pay at Consumer Cellular for those same three years. Even though I paid for my phones through Apple and traded in my older iPhone, it still came out cheaper and I wasn't locked in. I, also, talked to people who have Consumer Cellular and how the coverage worked for them. It didn't bother me so much to be locked in for 24 months but 36 was just too long. 

Super Contributor

Thank you all for taking time to reply. Will look over and figure out what is best. I dont have a trade in so don't think a free phone is a possibility. Not any deals on IPhone 15 . Thinking of buying it a stand alone purchase, on 2 year no interest and maybe figure out with Consumer Cellular how to set up with them. They seem least complicated carrier, and have least worrisome Data options as I have no idea how much data I may need. Baby steps! Thanks again.Susi.

Regular Contributor

MintMobile.com

MM uses the T-Mobile network and in fact was just bought by T.  
MM may have what you are looking for.

Respected Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

we got free 15s from AT&T, but they have a way of locking you in for three years.

We found out Verizon does the same.  Don't like the 3 years, it used to be 2 years.

Respected Contributor

@Susic  When I switched from Android to iPhone (13 promax), I purchased it on the Apple website as I wanted an unlocked phone.  I have always used tracphone. I didn't want to be locked into any particular carrier.