Respected Contributor

Re: When do you charge your phone?

Two or three times a week - when it's down to 25 or 30%. 

Honored Contributor

I charge mine every night.  If the electricity goes out I don't want to be without a phone.  That has happened before.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

I let mine get a little low and then have chargers in most used rooms.  I do have a backup external charger.

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma 

Hmmm! My best guess when? That would be, I believe, either late February or early March. Probably should check it to see how much charge it has left. Haven't had it out of my carrying bag since the times I gave above.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I always understood that it was good to wait until it was as low as possible before recharging in order to make the battery life last longer. But that was a few years ago when the technology department at my office told me that. They got after me when they saw that I had a permanent charging stand on my desk and I would automatically put the phone on it to charge whenever I wasn't using it. They said that decreased the life of the battery. Perhaps that has changed in recent years and the evolution of the battery for phones.

I have to charge my iPhone at least once a day because I use it a lot, not only for calls but for games, checking weather, text messages, emails, Internet, etc.

I try to wait until it is at least below 50%, but mainly I don't want to be caught with a low battery in case of an emergency.

Honored Contributor

I rarely use my phone. It sits on my dresser most of the time. So even though it is hardly ever used it needs to be recharged about every three or four days. It just keeps losing the charge.It will go from 100% to 20% in just a few days.Annoying. I've checked for anything running,etc. but don't see anything.

Respected Contributor

Whenever it needs it. No certain schedule.

Respected Contributor

Generally, overnight.  When I forget, I charge during the day, either at work (I have an extra charger for the office), or in the car while driving.  I am one of those that like to see a high charge always!

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

Charge it anytime you want, because that is how new batteries operate (and have for years).  And you cannot overcharge them, when they have a full charge, they stop.

People are still thinking about how old batteries operated where they had a "memory", and you had to every so often let them totally discharge or they wouldn't hold a full charge. There are still some items that have these type of batteries but they are not phones.

Respected Contributor

Im on a land line here, no need to charge it.  The cell phone craze and the need to be tethered to a phone all day is the silliest thing I have ever seen. My niece claims she needs a $600 phone!  Young people today are addicted to technology !  Cant stand the phone nonsense I see in the cafes and restaurants.