Highlighted
Contributor

What is this icon on the LG306G Tracfone?

A couple days ago this icon appeared on my LG306G Tracfone.  I don't know what it represents or how to turn it off?   It's at the top of the phone, has a single white bar at the bottom, 2 rows of 3 white dashes in the center, and a green (looks like a phone handset) on the top.   The LG306G online manual doesn't even show it in its list of icons.  Any help as to what it is or how to turn it off would be appreciated.icon.JPG

Honored Contributor

Re: What is this icon on the LG306G Tracfone?

Icons are specific to wireless carriers, so I would contact Tracphone and ask them about it.

Contributor

Hi, ChynnaBlue.  I've contacted Tracfone already but they weren't any help.  They looked at the same manual I looked at.  They also suggested taking the battery out which, of course, didn't help.

Respected Contributor

Do you maybe have a phone message?  Did you try just touching that to see if it opens?  Now I'm curious!

Contributor

Hi, VCamp.  No phone messages/voice mails.  Hopefully, someone will be able to help with this mystery icon.  It just bugs me every time I look at it wondering what it is.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I would send the picture to LG and see if they can answer your question. 

You can Tweet it to them here: https://twitter.com/LGUS

You can post it on their Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/LGUSA

Contributor

Those are great suggestions, ChynnaBlue.  Thank you.  I've contacted LG and will update my QVC posting if I hear back from them.

Honored Contributor

Good - I think we're all curious about this now!

Contributor

Mystery solved!  I posted the pic on Facebook and one of my friends there was familiar with the icon.  It's the TTY symbol.  You can google "tty setting" for more info but here's the basic explanation.

TTY Settings allow Text Telephone devices (TTYs) to be enabled so that deaf and hard of hearing customers can use the telephone by utilizing a visual, instead of auditory, mode of communication.

Respected Contributor

Well alright then.  Thanks for letting us know!