Contributor

Re: What are the advantages of hooking your DishTV DVR up to wifi?

I have Directv and what I like about the WiFi is since we are "older" well my husband is....lol his eyesight isn't quit like it used to be. He gets upset because I take hundreds of photos and he hates looking at them back in the computer room and I have other things I want to be doing on the computer. With WiFi he can sit in the living room and look at my pictures.

But, then I have to be in the living room because he wants to know where this was taken and who that is etc......Well it is more comfortable on the couch anyway.......lol......

Trusted Contributor

We had dish for 4 yrs and loved it. We would watch tv from our phones during car rides (big game), from our tablet while camping. Download the Dish Anywhere app on your mobile device. we had the sling but the new hopper (joeys) had a built in sling. You can buy a sling online or at electronic store. Our tv is a smart tv (built in wifi) we could hook our laptop to the tv and use the tv as a display (surf net or photos, We didnt). My son would watch Netflix. We had to increase our speed, 12mbps is recommended. Call Dish, they have helpful c.s.
Respected Contributor

Thanks Springers.