Honored Contributor

Re: Voice actived television

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs 

We have a 2013 Samsung 4k smart tv. It's remote is the slim one, no numbers and only about 9 buttons. The Menu Button brings up 24 setting and other options, including an E-Manual that walks you through many steps of each option setting. One of the settings is "Voice Recognition".

There are options within the "VR" where you can choose "on or off".  If you go to Over the Air after dropping your Provider, you can set your "favorite channels" and use channel Up/Down buttons to change your channel.

Our set is old, but it is a Smart version with close to the same remote. I find that using the E-manual as the best way to navigate our Samsung TV sets.

Again, go to the Menu button on your remote/choose the E-Manual/Scroll down to the topic you wish to find information, and follow those steps.

Time consuming? Yes, but unless you want to change it often, it is a "1 and done" thing.

ETA:  When you hit the "Menu  button"on the remote,  When I hit the "Menu button", a "numbers keypad" comes up. Hit the channel number just like any remote. Probably the easiest way to change the channel since the remote has no numbers pad.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs @Here's how to disable Voice. There are a couple of choices here. For more about this, put this article title into your search bar How to Turn off Voice Guide on Samsung Smart TV

FA50C983-CED7-47DD-90AF-AB836912C088.png6C2E6A7D-728E-4B8D-A868-99F777574687.png

Honored Contributor

Thanks all for the responses..I have said it many times and will say it again, posters on these boards are great - and always help when I (or other posters) have questions.

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs   If your remote has a "123" button on the front, hit that, and then you can choose the channel number you want.  For example, for channel 67, choose 6 and then choose 7.  The TV will go to channel 67 in a few seconds.

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg   That worked!!! Thanks

Super Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

@Mom2Dogs   If your remote has a "123" button on the front, hit that, and then you can choose the channel number you want.  For example, for channel 67, choose 6 and then choose 7.  The TV will go to channel 67 in a few seconds.

Thanks for the information.  I have that button but, never used it.  My Samsung is in the bedroom, I don't have it connected to cable and I usually stream shows I want to watch.  It's nice to know I don't have to scroll anymore.