Honored Contributor

Very slow re: typing words in my email messages

[ Edited ]

Anyone here ever have very slow (typing words) in emails?   Not slow at all typing here in Community, but just typing out my email messages.  It took me forever to type out a short email message this morning.  On my laptop.  Could someone be tracking my words?  I'm not very computer savvy, so keep that in mind.  It just is very unusual for my computer.  There's always some sort of explanation that I'm not aware (of).   Thank you, and enjoy your weekend. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Very slow re: typing words in my email messages

@ROMARY, I have had that problem for a long time.  I blame my internet provider.  The speed seems to get slower and slower.  I hope someone here knows how to take care of this without upgrading.  Recently, on our local news, they did a report saying that owning your own modem, rather than renting the cable company's modem, could result in faster speeds because cable companies do not rent out the newest equipment.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have my own modem (not rented).  This slow word typing (my emails) started fairly recently.  Not here, just my emails.  Typing on these boards is just fine and normal.   Then, I began to think that maybe when I said something (here) about my trouble last year when my email access was out of service for two weeks, Just maybe someone at the company read it, and decided to slow down my email.   Lol, but anything and/or anyone is possible now-a-days.  Right?  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

I also only have the problem on my home e-mail.  When I am traveling, I do not have a problem, so it has to be my internet provider cutting back on service.  We do not have many choices here, and all of them are expensive.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

sxmgirl and others:  Thank you!  It's becoming late, and I won't be reading future replies/suggestions until tomorrow.  So, thank you ahead of time.  Enjoy your weekend, dear friends.  Heart  I'll be back tomorrow! 

Respected Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Anyone here ever have very slow (typing words) in emails?   Not slow at all typing here in Community, but just typing out my email messages.  It took me forever to type out a short email message this morning.  On my laptop.  Could someone be tracking my words?  I'm not very computer savvy, so keep that in mind.  It just is very unusual for my computer.  There's always some sort of explanation that I'm not aware (of).   Thank you, and enjoy your weekend. 

Which e-mail program are you using? 

Honored Contributor

One of the major providers. 

Respected Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

One of the major providers. 

If you want help, you need to provide the name of your e-mail program. 

Honored Contributor

I get characters appearing "behind" in my typing every once in a while. I've never thought it had anything at all to do with my internet provider or my internet speed - there has been no relation that I could imagine.

I have assumed it's the program or the device's software or cache/cookies need to be cleared, or a reboot done on my iPad. I have done any and all of these things and it clears up. It hasn't done it for a long time, now that I think about it, so I would say it was fixed by one of my last couple of updates to the OS, or an update to an app.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

It's funny, regarding the other provider (I have another email address on a differnt provider):  Typing my emails on that other provider is just fine.  Not slow at all.  Just regular typing.  So, it's not my computer, I'm guessing.  Just the first company/provider email service that I'm complaining about.  If that makes any sense at all.   Btw, thank you for your replies.  I'll keep asking around.  Someone around here will eventually figure it out, or maybe the company/provider will straighten it out.