Esteemed Contributor

Re: Very disappointed in my new Apple product...

@January121 wrote:

I have an iPad Air & love, love, love it .... I do everything on it .... I have two HP laptops that I hardly ever use (except for spreadsheets) .... If anything ever happened to my iPad  I would buy another one in a heartbeat!!!! 😍

Okay... thanks for the post. Dont you find the data charges for "everything that you love Love Love"  high Because, I found them very high. I pay nothing and I mean nothing on my Acer and HP tablets. Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mima wrote:

@apple1964  Does apple charge for apps that are free in the google playstore?  Just curious.  

There is a data charge even for the free ones. I like Google android much better when they say FREE they mean FREE.  Apple's list say a small charge and some say "get" thinking its for free but it is not I think it is added on to the data charges? Mima in very small print it say in app purchase. What a gimmick:frustrated: they have at Apple.

Contributor

Just turn on your WiFi to avoid data charges when downloading apps. You would have data charges on your android devices if you are downloading over a cellular connection.
Honored Contributor

I have an iPad Air and I'm very happy with it. I will say that it's my first tablet and I bought it because I was familiar with the name. I didn't do much research. I ordered it from Amazon and I got a good deal. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I am hoping that Apple is not going to charge me for powering on and powering off this device. If they did I would not be the least surprised I guess I will find out if Apple sends me a bill Woman Sad Thanks for your replies have a blessed Sunday everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I have an iPad Air and I'm very happy with it. I will say that it's my first tablet and I bought it because I was familiar with the name. I didn't do much research. I ordered it from Amazon and I got a good deal. 

I was going to go though Amazon but, was told that its better to go with the source so I went to the Apple store in my local mall.  

Esteemed Contributor

@ariane wrote:
Just turn on your WiFi to avoid data charges when downloading apps. You would have data charges on your android devices if you are downloading over a cellular connection.

It has been turned on.. thanks for the tip I will see how that works out. I do not have any cellular charges I have comcast so I always had a wifi. Have a good day!Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

I have the original ipad mini and love it! I'm not sure why if you're using it on wi-fi you would have data charges -- who's charging you?  The only charges I can see you having would be if you decide to purchase apps from the app store that aren't free. I only use free apps so that hasn't been a problem for me.

When you say it should have a back lit screen are you saying the screen doesn't light up???  I've never heard of any type of tablet that doesn't have a back lit screen -- maybe I'm just not understanding what you mean. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@akaburtonfan wrote:

I have the original ipad mini and love it! I'm not sure why if you're using it on wi-fi you would have data charges -- who's charging you?  The only charges I can see you having would be if you decide to purchase apps from the app store that aren't free. I only use free apps so that hasn't been a problem for me.

When you say it should have a back lit screen are you saying the screen doesn't light up???  I've never heard of any type of tablet that doesn't have a back lit screen -- maybe I'm just not understanding what you mean. 

I could have written @akaburtonfan's post.  I have the latest generation iPad mini 4, and only gave $299 for it at Best Buy.  Why would you get a tablet with data capabilities (more $$$) if you don't need it?  And why not buy the latest release?  And an iPad mini IS a tablet.  For my needs, I've not purchased one app.  Every app I use is free from the Apple store, and on my  android tablets...they have been free from Google Play.  I have an Amazon Fire, and the apps I use are free there, as well.

I don't understand some of the OP's post either. All tablets have a lit screen; how else would you use them?  I have a variety of tablets at all cost points, and I consider my iPad mini 4 by far the best with color display, speed, responsiveness...just everything...

Honored Contributor

I have a kindle fire from Amazon.  Love it.