Honored Contributor

Re: Verizon Yahoo sold. How will this affect AT&T email?

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

hope this will not affect AOL emails!

@sunshine45 AOL was also sold and then bought by Apollo.

yes, i know......that is why i said i hope this will not affect AOL emails.

@sunshine45 @Nothing has been published about how this will affect us yet. I guess we just have to wait to see. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have had Verizon.net for years and years and since Verizon bought AOL and Yahoo, I have to sign in on the AOL homepage but my email didn't change.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Zhills wrote:

I have had Verizon.net for years and years and since Verizon bought AOL and Yahoo, I have to sign in on the AOL homepage but my email didn't change.

@Zhills @That is what happened to me when AT&T Yahoo Mail became part of Verizon a few years ago, but now Yahoo is owned by a new company so no one has been told what to expect yet. The company that bought Yahoo is called Apollo. You can read about them on Wikipedia. I've corrected this post to read 'Yahoo' where I repeatedly, typed in Verizon. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D wrote:

@Zhills wrote:

@Zhills @That is what happened to me when AT&T Yahoo Mail became part of Verizon a few years ago, but now Verizon is owned by a new company so no one has been told what to expect yet. The company that bought Verizon is called Apollo. You can read about them on Wikipedia. 

SMH at either the deliberate lack of reading comprehension or weird desire to create drama out of nothing. 

Verizon IS NOT being purchased by Apollo Global Management! Verizon is selling the Yahoo and AOL pieces that they acquired in seperate transactions to Apollo. That's it. Just those two pieces. Did you read post #4?

For others that may be interested, there are a number of legitimate news articles regarding this proposed (and that's all it is at this juncture as it will require regulatory approval) sale that contain CORRECT  information. CNBC has a great, easy to understand piece on their website. Linking would cause a deletion, so I won't do that. 

I use Yahoo e-mail. In all the changes that Yahoo has been thru, it's never, ever affected me. It's a pimple on the butt of an elephant to those who are working thru the details of this event. The deal isn't even projected to close until at least 2021Q3 or Q4.Any potential changes would be many months, if not at least a year down the road. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@Zhills wrote:

@Zhills @That is what happened to me when AT&T Yahoo Mail became part of Verizon a few years ago, but now Verizon is owned by a new company so no one has been told what to expect yet. The company that bought Verizon is called Apollo. You can read about them on Wikipedia. 

@Zhills @CORRECTION Verizon is not owned by a new company. Verizon sold off Yahoo and AOL to Apollo. Sorry I mixed this up. We'll still have to wait and see what happens to our email.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Verizon’s Yahoo sold. How will this affect AT&T email?

@Mindy D

Apollo management will let consumers know about any changes in your email account.

I read about this last while looking for information about a new Verizon wireless data plan.

The company in the last few months spent billions on C-band leases.  The company sold some assets to pay bills. This sale should net the company 5-6 Billion.

Verizon also sold The Huffington Post and brought Tracfone Wireless. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@Zhills wrote:

I understood Verizon sold Yahoo and AOL.  Why would that affect AT&T email.

@Zhills AT&T uses Yahoo email.

Yes, and I must log on to AOL for my verizon mail.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

Nothing has changed as far as access and service.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qbetzforreal wrote:

Nothing has changed as far as access and service.

IF changes will be made, it won't be for quite some time. The deal isn't expected to close until much later in the year. After it closes, then they can start working on any potential changes. Until then, there is limited info that the acquiring party can obtain.

I've been on the integration team for two major mergers/acquisitions. It's slow going. Very, very slow. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yahoo has been changing some of its features over the past two years.  At one time they had yahoo groups, which is no more.