Esteemed Contributor

I don't have Tracfone but StraightTalk.  I am in the mountains and it runs on Verizon towers which is all we've got.  I have had it for 12 years with no problems at all. I have never had to call them.  I pay $37,48 with tax for unlimited.  I am on autopay & don't have to mess with cards or counting minutes.

Esteemed Contributor

@barrel racer

I am sure you know Straight Talk is owed by Tracfone. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@gardenman    I decided to buy another year of service, which I've always gotten for $50.  I went to the TracFone website, fiddled around but could not see the $50 deal any longer.  I just want service, no talk or text time.

I have the same problem.  I have enough time to last me 20 years, but buying time without minutes is no longer available.  I got a new phone for $67 instead with 1500 minutes.

It was cheaper than adding minutes/texts/ date to my old phone.  I am good until next Oct.

94950790-758E-47CF-A29F-C7FC53CF7E51.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@gardenman    I decided to buy another year of service, which I've always gotten for $50.  I went to the TracFone website, fiddled around but could not see the $50 deal any longer.  I just want service, no talk or text time.

I have the same problem.  I have enough time to last me 20 years, but buying time without minutes is no longer available.  I got a new phone for $67 instead with 1500 minutes.

It was cheaper than adding minutes/texts/ date to my old phone.  I am good until next Oct.

94950790-758E-47CF-A29F-C7FC53CF7E51.jpeg

@Carmie 

You can still get 1 year service for $49.99 but you will have to buy 1000 texts for $5, 500 mins for $10 or 1gb data for $10 to get to the page where you can buy 1 year service for about $50.

If you go to Tracfone click on Airtime Service Plans under Shop at bottom of page, go to bottom of next page click on Smartphone, go to bottom of that page where you will have to buy texts, mins or data to get to the next page where you can buy 1 year service. Guess just buy the texts since it's $5.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz   Thanks for the info.

i'll look into that for next year.  I am good to go until next October.  I only paid $67 for a new phone with minutes.  My older phone was getting wonky and causing me trouble.

I won't need a new phone next year..hopefully.

I also let my old phone expire in error when i ran out of time.I found out that I could reactivate it within 60 days and keep my minutes and phone number.  So, I reactivated it, then transferred everything to my new phone.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 

They still have it just have to add 1000 texts for $5, 500 mins for $10 or 1gb data for $10 to get to the page where you can buy 1 year service for about $50.

I may use that option this year since I already have over 6000 mins plus data.

I have been adding a one year service card on Black Friday when Tracfone offers a deal.

@Nightowlz 

Thanks for this tip....my service was running out in a couple days and I always need extra data rather than texts....so I bought that plus the year of service for a total of $65 rather than $125.... THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for the tip! Woman Very Happy 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”