Respected Contributor

Upgraded my MacBook Pro to Lion today

My very first OS upgrade since becoming a MAC user. The upgrade cost me $19.99 WOO HOO. Obviously never got a Windows upgrade for that price! The download today, the very first day of the release, went smoothly and the install was a breeze.

Now my iPad and my Macbook are linked easily through the cloud which I love.

I admit, I'm not one to read the reviews, or take the tours preferring to just wander around and learn it for myself. Sort of enjoy the surprises.

Well, word of warning to any Mac folks who plan on upgrading. LION changes the mouse scroll wheel direction! I thought I had some sort of mental lapse after I loaded. My first venture on to the web and I found myself being confused by my mouse as I tried to scroll. After struggling to come to grips with this mind glitch I was experiencing I decided that I wasn't losing it, that something was up. I googled it and WHEW, my mind is fine (or as fine as it usually is), it's Lion! They decided to make the scroll function mirror the scrolling motion of the iOS devices. Thankfully, there is a setting called "natural motion" that you simply have to uncheck if you want your mouse to work like it always did.