Honored Contributor

Samsung Galaxy A13 6.5" HD+ 5G Tracfone w/1500 Min/Text/Data/365 Days

825-505

Just received this phone and am surprised at how many programs have been pre-loaded that I have no use for ... at least a dozen!  Many look like games a ten year old boy would like.

Since it's easy enough to download an app IF I want it, anyone know how to uninstall unwanted apps?   

I want them GONE.   

TIA for any suggestions!
Honored Contributor

Re: UNWANTED ICONS ON NEW PHONE

@Tinkrbl44   Read the user manual that came w/the phone, download the full manual if you do not want to read the one installed on the phone.  Also, go through all your settings to customize your phone.  There is a section to "hide" apps as well as "uninstall" them.

I do agree that model phone comes w/a lot of useless pre-installed apps & not all of them are games.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hold your finger on the app (do not give it a quick tap like you would do if you are opening the app).  A message box comes up that says "App Info."  

Click on the message.  The App information comes up and there is a box that says uninstall.  Click that and it should uninstall the app.  I tried this on my tracfone and it worked.  

There are always some apps on a phone that you can never uninstall.  

Respected Contributor

I bought the same phone and have the same problem. Try pressing on the app icon and see if a box comes up that says uninstall.  Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.  Or, go to settings under apps and "hide" it.  Which means it's still there you just can't  see it.

It annoys me at the number of apps I can't uninstall and are taking up space on my phone.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Tinkrbl44   Read the user manual that came w/the phone, download the full manual if you do not want to read the one installed on the phone.  Also, go through all your settings to customize your phone.  There is a section to "hide" apps as well as "uninstall" them.

I do agree that model phone comes w/a lot of useless pre-installed apps & not all of them are games.

@Mz iMac 

Is there a directory of some sort ... like the "Apps For Dummies" concept ... that tells what something is so we can determine if it's necessary? 

There are several apps that I've never heard of and don't want to delete something necessary that makes the phone run.  (I've done that on an old computer.  I deleted several mysterious programs and it never ran right again.)

Example:  I keep seeing something called Discover come up and monopolize my screen and don't know if it's legit or nonsense.  

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  Open the app & same will tell you what it is for and/or again, read your user manual, read the app description in the phone stores (Samsung & Google Play), etc.

You will not be able to uninstall apps that are needed.  Example:  Phone app.

Regarding "Discover"  Which screen?  Home, App or internet?

You can shut off "Notifications & Alerts."   You can "customize" your notifications & alerts as to which app you want notifications from.  Alerts can be shut off or on.  In settings there is a section that has a list of apps that you can set for notifications & alerts or wheither you want them  or not.  I forgot which.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

I put my unwanted Icons in folders.  That way they don't show up on the home screen.  You can put several in the same folder.  I just have Folder 1, Folder 2, etc.  does the job.

Honored Contributor

Some of the pre-loaded apps can't be uninstalled, at least not without breaking into the phone and risk bricking it.  I sure wish I could get rid of Bixby on my Android phone.  

Esteemed Contributor

You can turn Bixby off.