Trusted Contributor

Trouble importing photos from SD card.....

I'm hoping someone here can help me.  When I insert my SD card into my AIO computer and try to import photos, I keep getting a message saying, nothing to import".  There are photos on my sd card, for sure.

I have searched all over the internet for help, watched videos, etc., but I still can't import my photos.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Re: Trouble importing photos from SD card.....

@Sue98 wrote:

I'm hoping someone here can help me.  When I insert my SD card into my AIO computer and try to import photos, I keep getting a message saying, nothing to import".  There are photos on my sd card, for sure.

I have searched all over the internet for help, watched videos, etc., but I still can't import my photos.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

The only way to find what is causing a problem is by the process of elimination.  The slot or the drivers could have gone bad.  The card could have a corrupted photo that doesn't allow the card to work properly.  Get into the device manager, find the card reader, uninstall it, restart the computer and let the computer reinstall the dirvers.  The easiest way to get into the device manager is to do a search for it.  Try reading the SD card again.  If that doesn't work, try reading the SD card in a different computer or different card reader.  

Trusted Contributor

Thanks so much, glb613!  I found my disk manager, but I'm not finding the card reader.  Could it be under another name such as "SD host adapters"?

Respected Contributor

@Sue98 wrote:

Thanks so much, glb613!  I found my disk manager, but I'm not finding the card reader.  Could it be under another name such as "SD host adapters"?

I'm not sure.  You can try uninstalling it and rebooting.  Your computer will reinstall all hardware you uninstall when you reboot/restart.  I'd try it. 

Trusted Contributor

Thanks!  I tried it and rebooted my computer and it's still not working.

Respected Contributor

@Sue98 wrote:

Thanks!  I tried it and rebooted my computer and it's still not working.

Is there anything else in the device manager you think might be your card reader?  If so, uninstall and reboot.  The next step, try a different card reader or connnect your camera directly to your computer. 

Trusted Contributor

Have you tried opening the card with File Explorer to see if the pictures are definitely there?

Trusted Contributor

I'm not super tech savvy so I'm not sure what you are talking about, but I know without a doubt there are pictures on my SD card.  They are from a recent trip we took.  What is really strange is, I'm nearly positive I was able to import them a couple of weeks ago, but now they are no longer on my computer, and now when I try to import them, I keep getting the "nothing to import" message.

Respected Contributor

@Sue98 wrote:

I'm not super tech savvy so I'm not sure what you are talking about, but I know without a doubt there are pictures on my SD card.  They are from a recent trip we took.  What is really strange is, I'm nearly positive I was able to import them a couple of weeks ago, but now they are no longer on my computer, and now when I try to import them, I keep getting the "nothing to import" message.

Connect your camera to the computer istead of using the card reader. 

Trusted Contributor

@Sue98 wrote:

Are you trying to import the same photos you imported a couple weeks ago? If so, they may have been removed from the card.

Did you delete the photos from your computer, or are you just unable to locate them?

What program did you use to import? Does it have a setting that lets you choose between removing or leaving the photos on the card when importing?

File Explorer lets you navigate to different locations on your computer, including an SD card. It can be opened from folder icon on the taskbar.

taskbar.JPG