Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tracfone website now requires Chrome

I haven't been able to use the Tracfone website with Firefox for a couple of weeks now.  Tried Chrome and still could not use the website.  No problem with Edge.

They must have the same team fixing/upgrading their website that Q uses.  Every fix/upgrade results in a break somewhere else on the site.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

@leigh wrote:

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@leigh 

Don't like that you are having these problems. Been with Tracfone since they were first sold on HSN, whatever year that might have been.

My cell use is only for emergency calls, or calling my wife, such as when I was in the ER after ice skating, and would not be coming home for a few days.

As for texting? That would be zero. Data, always connected to a wifi, the few times I use it. Would be unusual for me to use over 25-30 minutes of the 1500 in a year.

So I wait till my expiration date gets close and buy a new phone. For me that is always the cheapest and easiest route. My present phone is the Samsung Ao2s, which was delivered for $59.99. That comes out to a few pennies under $5 per month.

I do use Chrome on my tablet, but Firefox on my regular computer. I am sure your post about you needing to use Chrome will help others should they run into this same problem. 

Nice of you and others to figure out this problem.

hckynut(john)🥅🏒  🇺🇸

When my 12 months expired I always opt for

After amassing a ridiculous collection of phones and minutes/texts/data I started getting the whole package every other year to be able to upgrade and alternating with the one year extension. You must have loads of minutes and texts, too. I wish we could transfer them.

@leigh 

My minutes/text and data, do transfer to my new phone. Until a couple or so years ago, they all were tripled(minutes/ texts/data) on all new phones.

After that the triple was grandfathered only to certain phones. After that I think the tripling program ended. 

Where do get the information that you cannot transfer remaining minutes/text from your previous phones?  My most recent new phone, Samsung Ao2s, which I activated in December, transferred everything over from my previous LG.

hckynut(john)  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Contributor

@Marp wrote:

I haven't been able to use the Tracfone website with Firefox for a couple of weeks now.  Tried Chrome and still could not use the website.  No problem with Edge.

They must have the same team fixing/upgrading their website that Q uses.  Every fix/upgrade results in a break somewhere else on the site.

Oh, that's weird. Maybe it's related another setting acting in addition to the browser.

I noticed the check out pages have changed.

Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@leigh 

My minutes/text and data, do transfer to my new phone. Until a couple or so years ago, they all were tripled(minutes/ texts/data) on all new phones.

After that the triple was grandfathered only to certain phones. After that I think the tripling program ended. 

Where do get the information that you cannot transfer remaining minutes/text from your previous phones?  My most recent new phone, Samsung Ao2s, which I activated in December, transferred everything over from my previous LG.

hckynut(john)  🇺🇸

Sorry, I meant transfer to other people. I could outfit a couple for a couple of years Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I realize this thread is a bit dated, but wanted to provide an updated comment to anyone who is searching. I just went to the tracfone website to look at adding service time and had no trouble.  I am using Firefox browser on my laptop computer.

Esteemed Contributor

@leigh wrote:

@x Hedge wrote:

I just use the Silk browser that came in my Amazon tablet. I've never had to switch from browser to browser as some people do.

While the TracFone website isn't picky about the browser I use, I've noticed it is picky about whether I'm in desktop view or mobile view when I'm making a purchase.

I can use either view all over the TracFone website except at the purchase checkout where, it gets balky if I'm on the full view setting. But one tap of the finger and I switch from full to mobile, and proceed with checkout.

Has it always been like this?

I don't know it it was always set up that way. I first noticed it after one of their website updates.

I recently bought a year of airtime service and a thousand texts, and had a heck of a time navigating TracFone's website to do so. I realize these website updates are necessary to keep a step ahead of hackers who'd love to steal Tracfone's data.

I'm wondering if my tablet was on mobile view when I originally set up my account and payment info....and that's why it's balky about letting me complete a purchase unless I'm set on mobile.

Like their website security just wants everything to match before making a charge to my credit card.