Trusted Contributor

Tracfone users - can we talk about spam calls?

I have two Tracfones...the Samsung Galaxy Sky running Android Marshmallow and the LG Sunset running Lollipop.  

I've had the Samsung's phone number for 15 years and don't get too many spam calls on it.  I can also block any numbers directly from the phone app, no third party apps required.

I've had the LG's phone number for 3 years and I get so many spam phone calls.  I've used third party apps like Mr. Number and now Hiya to block numbers, but it seems neverending.  

What do you all do to combat spam phone calls?  I turned the phone off tonight and I think I'll leave it off for a while.  It's my backup phone, so nobody really contacts me using that number, but I would still like to leave my phone on to use as I wish, just without annoyances.  

Does anyone know if there's a way to block all incoming calls except for your contacts list?

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tracfone users - can we talk about spam calls?

Yes. "Do Not Disturb" feature (in your Quick Settings) can be set to block all incoming calls and/or texts EXCEPT those in your contacts. Sounds like that would be perfect for you. Why load up your phone with apps that duplucate features you already have built in?
Honored Contributor

I have an LG Tracfone.   There's a reject call list option under Settings.

But it gets old, I get so many calls, probably at least 6 a day.

The other thing I do is when a call comes up I don't recognize, I will add it to my Contacts as DO NOT ANSWER

The phone will still ring in the future but I don't have to stare at the number trying to figure out who it might be calling.   It's already there as DO NOT ANSWER.

There is an option to block all calls except those on your Contact List.   I don't use this, sometimes when my doctor's office calls, they are calling from a number different from their main number, which I do have in my contacts.

Hope this helps

@Stargazer77

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@x Hedge I will look into that.  My Do Not Disturb is turned on 24 hours a day for the phone that gets most of the spam phone calls (it's my backup phone).

@software  I understand your issue.  The phone that gets most of the spam is my backup phone.  With my primary phone I could not block all calls except for contact list, for emergency purposes.  Which LG phone do you have?

Honored Contributor

LGL56VL

That's all I know about my phone without having to go to my paperwork, which is not handy.

@Stargazer77 wrote:

@x Hedge I will look into that.  My Do Not Disturb is turned on 24 hours a day for the phone that gets most of the spam phone calls (it's my backup phone).

@software  I understand your issue.  The phone that gets most of the spam is my backup phone.  With my primary phone I could not block all calls except for contact list, for emergency purposes.  Which LG phone do you have?

Trusted Contributor

@software You have the LG X Style.  Smiley Wink