New Contributor

Tracfone talk,message,data add-on is getting useless

I've been a Tracfone user for many, many years and have always bought all our TF's through QVC (three lines and many phones purchased per line over the years).  Note, the QVC TF phones where always offer as 3x the offered talk minutes, text and Data (tht ended many years back).

This past year, TF has been offering mostly MONTHLY PLANS and less add-on cards.  Since I only needed to add some minutes (talk) to my phone, I normlly would purchase a 10 dollar add-on for 500 minutes.  One could have purchased a separate add-on for say text or data too.

Most months, these add-ons for separate items, talk, messages or data, is not being offered.  AND when they are offering those specific add-ons, your attempted order cannot go through completely and forces you to come back at a later date (when they are not offered on the website) or call their 800-867-7183 to talk to some foriegn person who has no idea as to what your talking about.  This is a pitiful customer service.  Not like past years.

The few "full" add-on cards, ony two offer today, offers you to add all three items, talk, text and data even if you don't need it and it does no multiply by 3x per the QVC original sale contract.  The local stores, say walmart, are not offering those add-on cards anymore.  The 611 text message does not offer you the add-on cards that specificly target only the item you wish to add, say talk only.

This Tracfone service has gotten worse over time.  Its time to move on to some other phone company.  And QVC, you should thimk twice about offering Tracfone that no way compares to the PAST Trafone service that once was.

Respected Contributor

Re: Tracfone talk,message,data add-on is getting useless

[ Edited ]

I'm on my iPad, but using the browser on my iPad, went to tracfone.com>Menu>shop>shop plans and services>Plans add ons, and they're right there...  Hope this helps!

CE20DC11-DF24-4006-BD5F-B1C1F3E5A7C0.png

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Junky @Ainhisg @@I did my plan the same way as Ainhisg. I bought a year's plan and then I added more data to the yearly plan. I used the the same page in the website or app on my phone that Ainhisg did. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Junky  - Well, I just bought two new Tracfones from QVC.  No trouble at all setting them up or transferring everything from our old phones.  They were a great deal for an excellent phone, so I don't agree with the suggestion that QVC should stop selling them.

I've posted on two other threads how to add additional minutes OR texts OR data, so I won't repeat it here.  The screenshots above show you.

It's not difficult and you don't need to buy more than what you need.  I usually only add texts.  No problem at all.

ETA:  The triple minutes, etc. was specific to the older phones and that was discontinued years ago.  It was made clear at that time and the cost of additional minutes, etc. is actually cheaper now.

Contributor

If you're using Firefox try Chrome or some other browser.

On Firefox I it wouldn't accept the phone number. I had a good experience calling CS to add the $10/500min after I explained exactly what I wanted.

Later I found reference to others having trouble with FF but not Chrome so I tried it and it worked. I don't understand how browsers affect website functionality but it's a real thing.

New Contributor

Great to hear from all of you above.

Again today my wifes phone talk ran out during her work meeting (from home) roughly at 9am.  Its now 5pm and it has taking me most of today to get through on Tracfones customer service 800-867-7183 to just add (3) 10 dollar 5oo minutes to her phone.

The Tracfone Webisite is still down today, you can not log into your account., you can not log into online chat,  and that CS number is a computer recording which does not offer those specialty cards/offerings.  You have to get them on the website.  And sometimes those offering are not shown.  It depends on when Tracfone wants to show them for purchase.  Log in daily to see those offerings disappear at times.  Why should a customer have to visit the website dailey to hopefully find that offering we have used for years. 

So finally I used the CS 800 and punched in I have a Technical issue.  Upon telling the computer to connect to a "Agent", it finally connected me.  I then explained the problem today and that agent sold me the three 10 dollar / 500 minutes options

Esteemed Contributor

I have to disagree with the statement that " Tracfone talk,message,data add-on is getting useless."  I've been using Tracfone for many, many years and have no problems.

I would never presume to tell someone else how to handle their account but, for myself, I would never wait until the very last minute to add more time, text, or data so even if the website is down for a short length of time it wouldn't become an emergency situation. I know other sites have had issues with crashing on the rare occasion including Amazon, Twitter, Facebook, and even right here on QVC. For me, I'd rather do things in a timely enough manner so as not to become rattled if I run into a problem. I don't do well with stress, lol. 

The add-ons are always available and they include minutes, data, texts, a global calling card and a $49 choice to add 365 days of service. I never even look at the monthly plans as I have no reason to. The add-ons are always there. 

I see there are two threads now saying basically the same thing and I plan to address the activation of my new phone from 4/22 on the other thread.

@Junky sorry to hear of your problems. I see you have added more minutes to your wife's account and I hope since you've chosen to continue with Tracfone you find it easier in the future. @Ainhisg gave great directions. 

Frequent Contributor

Maybe you can help me.

I purchased my Samsung a10e a yr ago with the usual 1500 min talk, text, etc. with HSN.  it's time to renew and I can't find where I can receive my 1500min. As promised. They want a pin # . This phone doesn't have one. I ran into the same thing last year. When I called tf customer service they have no idea what I'm talking about. They say to call HSN and they say call tracfone.  
has anyone else had this problem?

thank you 

Tucker

Honored Contributor

@Wricardos wrote:

Maybe you can help me.

I purchased my Samsung a10e a yr ago with the usual 1500 min talk, text, etc. with HSN.  it's time to renew and I can't find where I can receive my 1500min. As promised. They want a pin # . This phone doesn't have one. I ran into the same thing last year. When I called tf customer service they have no idea what I'm talking about. They say to call HSN and they say call tracfone.  
has anyone else had this problem?

thank you 

Tucker

@Wricardos : I have the same phone but have until 7/10/22  to make my purchase. I have had issues with the Tracfone app and made several phone called. Just checked the app and was able to sign in to check all my information.

DH has the Samsung A12 purchase 2/20/22. Multiple issues with his Tracfone app and multiple calls to customer service. Just tried to use his app and can't sign in and can't change the password or anything.🤷‍♀️😳