Respected Contributor

Re: Tracfone smartphones - Blocking numbers for calls/texts?

@stargazer those spam calls are a pain. I have the LG Premier, and simply restricted incoming calls to my contacts only. The phone doesn't ring, but I've occasionally been using it when one comes in because a "Call Rejected" appears onscreen, then disappears.

The rejected call is immediately directed to voicemail, where a message can be left (I've NEVER had a spammer leave one). If someone legit is calling, and they don't want to text, they can simply leave the message, and that will show up on the phone badge. And rejected numbers appear
in the phone log, along with the rest of the calls.

Works for me!

What worries you masters you.
Esteemed Contributor

This isn't your typical solution, but it may help a few others.
I very VERY rarely get junk calls on my primary cell, which I use constantly for texting. But as soon as I activated my newer (backup) cell the junk calls started 3 to 10 a day. I dutifully stopped and added each new junk number to call blocking before they could call back.

I now just keep my backup phone on Airplane mode to block unwanted robo-junk calls. I mostly use that (bigger faster) phone for internet and email and I don't give out that phone number, so I know ALL incoming calls and texts are junk.
Contributor

Hi Duffy,

I have the Sky also. To block numbers, go to the PHONE icon, then up in the right hand corner hit MORE, then SETTINGS, and a page will come up with options, including how to block numbers.  You have to enter them manually, but I've been able to block about a dozen calls this way.  Hope this helps.