Respected Contributor

Re: Tracfone service is going down the toilet

I purchased the Moto G phone in the fall when QVC had a pack of 2 for around $99.00. 

Just called today and the nice service rep helped me transfer my phone number to the new phone along with my accumulation of minutes, service, etc.  I called and within 2 minutes I was speaking with a rep.  It took about 20 minutes to set up and transfer to the new phone and I was very pleased.

Now in the Fall (before the year is up), I will call again and use my second phone in this package to get another year of service, minutes, etc.  This was a great deal offered by QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

I have never used a text on any of my Tracfones. Will have to check my account when I get my new Samsung Ao3s activated.

People that know my phone number want to contact me by phone? It's, you Talk or Nothing with me, no typing.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn 

Ditto ... well, sometimes I look at my emails, but since I have a 15 inch screen on my laptop, trying to look at emails on a 4-5 inch screen seems ... stupid. 

Off the top of your head, if you had to guess  .... how many Tracfone specials does HSN have in any given year?   (Trying to predict when the next one might be).

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

Since we are DVR twins. When I watch some of my recordings it could be even a week or more later. Can't really give you an answer.

Just checked HSN and the Samsung I just activated for my year, the Ao3s, is still what I paid for mine, $59.99 Free S&H. 

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

After years being with Tracfone and many phones, now I've reached my limit.  Can't sign into my account no matter what I do. Wanted to get more talk and text like I usually do. Spent an hour with one rep...no resolution. Spend 30 minutes with another...no resolution.  The last one was going to call me back....didn't.  I'd like to keep my phone and number.  Checking out Consumer Cellular and Tmobile. Why is everything so complicated these days?

@hckynutjohn that is an ADORABLE kitten in your photo.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

After years being with Tracfone and many phones, now I've reached my limit.  Can't sign into my account no matter what I do. Wanted to get more talk and text like I usually do. Spent an hour with one rep...no resolution. Spend 30 minutes with another...no resolution.  The last one was going to call me back....didn't.  I'd like to keep my phone and number.  Checking out Consumer Cellular and Tmobile. Why is everything so complicated these days?

@hckynutjohn that is an ADORABLE kitten in your photo.

@MoJoV 

Thank you. She is as sweet as she looks.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Marybella wrote:

I paid for a gig of data three hours ago and it still hasn't shown up on my phone. It is almost impossible to get an agent to talk with. I have been on hold for 20 minutes. 611 hasn't been any help nor has live chat. What's going on?

@Marybella 

???   So switch to wi-fi.  Easy peasy.

There are some occasions when I am not able to be on wi-fi. I have it at home and in my car, but sometimes it just isn't an option. I only buy a gig at a time because I don't use it often. It will last a long time.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marybella 

I just got done with a Chat with a Tracfone Rep. Was easy and fast. Activated my new phone a couple days ago and they didn't transfer over my 5,000 minutes and text, or my 1.4g data. By the time I got done, they were all on my new phone. Total amount of time for me?  15-20 minutes and done.

Been a month since your first post about Tracfone going down the s**thole. You get that GIG you were talking about yet?  

hckynut(john)🥅🏒 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with your phone @MoJoV . I hope you get everything worked out to your satisfaction. I'm one who would have my phone surgically embedded in my hand if I could so I understand the frustration. 

Personally, I couldn't be happier with Tracfone's service. I've been with them for a very long time and nothing has changed for me at all. I wonder if the difference is that those who upgrade their phones and buy add-ons online have an easier time than those who use customer service. I do everything online and it couldn't be easier.

I realized yesterday I was running low on data and went to the website to buy 1 GB for $10. It took all of about 2 minutes if that.

Nothing has gone up in price as far as add-ons. They still have 365 days for $49, 1,000 texts for $5, and 500 minutes talk for $10. Just as it's been for a very long time. Nothing about Tracfone has gone downhill in my experience including the prices which, if anything, are incredibly reasonable. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SusieQ_2  Thank you for your response.  I'm happy to say I went to the Tracfone website and Bing bang boom bought my minutes and texts easily.  Why I had all that trouble with the app on my phone is a mystery.  I had been doing the minutes and texts that way for years.  Oh I guess all's well that ends well.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth