Valued Contributor

Re: Tracfone service is going down the toilet

The data finally showed up. Thinking of looking for an alternative phone service. Thanks, everybody!

Esteemed Contributor

@Marybella wrote:

I paid for a gig of data three hours ago and it still hasn't shown up on my phone. It is almost impossible to get an agent to talk with. I have been on hold for 20 minutes. 611 hasn't been any help nor has live chat. What's going on?

@Marybella 

Geez! A whole 3 hours?  He!!, I have waited on hold with a few companies close to that long. And to solve the problem, if it was my landline or Internet?  Anywhere from 5-7 days. I'll stick with my TracFone, thank you.

A gig of data! Might want to try hooking up more often on wifi. 

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@Marybella wrote:

I paid for a gig of data three hours ago and it still hasn't shown up on my phone. It is almost impossible to get an agent to talk with. I have been on hold for 20 minutes. 611 hasn't been any help nor has live chat. What's going on?

@Marybella 

Geez! A whole 3 hours?  He!!, I have waited on hold with a few companies close to that long. And to solve the problem, if it was my landline or Internet?  Anywhere from 5-7 days. I'll stick with my TracFone, thank you.

A gig of data! Might want to try hooking up more often on wifi. 

hckynut 🇺🇸

@hckynutjohn     I just renewed my yearly subscription with TRACFONE with no problems.    I have so many minutes piled up, I could probably "talk" for a week!    (I only use the phone in my car for "emergencies")  di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

I hope all of the people who leave their cell phone in the car for emergencies never have an emergency in the house or out in the yard. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi 

Will be activating the new Samsung I bought in April. My 1 year runs out and like you, I have 1,000's of minutes left to carry over. 

Last time I even turned my on my phone was to open my account to see my 1 year expiration date. Bought the new phone for $59.98 delivered a couple months ago. It's a newer version of my current Samsung.

Actually used my cell? Think when I called my wife from the ER, after ice skating, told her that my broken rib had punctured my lung, and I wouldn't be coming home for a couple days or more.

I activate mine Online, and have never had an issue. Only time I ever needed to talk with Customer Service was at least 10 years ago.

I always take the new phone route because it's the cheapest. Usually stick with Samsung because not much to learn about the new phone, they change very little on how to use them.

Will stick with them,

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
New Contributor

Do not go to consumer cellular they keep adjusting your mothly rate I started at 30 bucks and I was up to and over 60 dollars a month and could not get any answers now they sent ads tell me to go back "no way jose". can't talk to nobody there.  do not go there 

New Contributor

Here the moto g went dead and could NOT get any help here worst than consumer c. I sent it back now they want 7 bucks added for something  a coke I think. Waiting for them to credit my accout see if its true.  Initially I ordered the moto g with one year service paid cash and nothig worked bad service all around. too bad.

Respected Contributor

@Marybella That's a long time to wait for any type of air time to load. I will say, I've never encountered that issue with text add-ons I purchase. I hope I never do, either, because I'm pleased with the service, and am unaware of another prepaid service which allows unused texts, data, minutes to accrue and "rollover." I'm happy your issue was finally resolved.

What worries you masters you.
Valued Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

I add texts or data to my Tracfone fairly regularly and I've never had a problem with it being added within a relatively short period of time.

@Marybella - Have you thought of switching your phone off, then back on again?

You don't say whether you have a prepaid or contract phone.  Mine is prepaid and I always add extra texts, etc. by logging into my account online, so I can only go by my own experience.  I don't think it's ever taken more than half an hour for what I've purchased to show up.

Agree been a satisfied  Customer with TracFone since the early 2000 when we took over our teenage daughter phone as she was off to college and wasn't going to be seen with a Tracfone LOL.We have upgraded over the years with newer models and getting  the 1500 minutes.

Husband and I really only need a  phone when going shopping traveling ,power outages as we have a land line or even when  in the hospital so this has always been great for our needs . Have enough minutes till next year so wondering now that Verizon own the company , if we will still be satisfied  but never ever had a problem adding minutes or getting to talk to Customer service 

Esteemed Contributor

@rm purchase moto g went o wrote:

Here the moto g went dead and could NOT get any help here worst than consumer c. I sent it back now they want 7 bucks added for something  a coke I think. Waiting for them to credit my accout see if its true.  Initially I ordered the moto g with one year service paid cash and nothig worked bad service all around. too bad.

@rm purchase moto g went o 

Sent it back to whom? "Wanted 7 bucks added for something  a coke I think." None of that makes sense to me. If the "moto g went dead", how is that the fault of TracFone"?  Guess will wait to see if you reply to my 1st question.

I have bought all my 20+ years of TracFones from HSN. Never less than a 30 day return policy. Christmas time? Think almost 3 months free return.

hckynut(john)🥅🏒 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)