Valued Contributor

Tracfone service is going down the toilet

I paid for a gig of data three hours ago and it still hasn't shown up on my phone. It is almost impossible to get an agent to talk with. I have been on hold for 20 minutes. 611 hasn't been any help nor has live chat. What's going on?

Honored Contributor

Re: Tracfone service is going down the toilet

@Marybella   Drop them & go w/Consumer Cellular.  The CS is USofA based & extremely helpful. 

Many plans to fit your needs all w/affordable & competitive pricing.  If you are an AARP member the discounts are steep.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Marybella   No idea, but the reason I bought a tracfone once only and never added more minutes than the 1500 it came with and never bought a second phone from them was terrible service and that was at least 5 or 6 years ago!

Respected Contributor

Tracfone has gone downhill under Verizon ownership...I became a customer in 2009 & finally quit in frustration last year, Ugh. Good Luck @Marybella 

Honored Contributor

I add texts or data to my Tracfone fairly regularly and I've never had a problem with it being added within a relatively short period of time.

@Marybella - Have you thought of switching your phone off, then back on again?

You don't say whether you have a prepaid or contract phone.  Mine is prepaid and I always add extra texts, etc. by logging into my account online, so I can only go by my own experience.  I don't think it's ever taken more than half an hour for what I've purchased to show up.

Valued Contributor

Tracfone customer service leaves a lot to be desired . I called with phone saying no service and was told to walk around the house with my phone until I got it ! Am I on candid camera !

Valued Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

Tracfone has gone downhill under Verizon ownership...I became a customer in 2009 & finally quit in frustration last year, Ugh. Good Luck @Marybella 

@kitcat51 I have been a customer for many years, too. I'm sure Verizon is the culprit!

Valued Contributor

@Venezia This is the first time I have had this issue. I'm very disappointed. I am totally out of data and a friend sent me a photo that I can't open. I was on the phone on "rot" for half an hour before I hung up. 

Valued Contributor

@Chessa35 wrote:

Tracfone customer service leaves a lot to be desired . I called with phone saying no service and was told to walk around the house with my phone until I got it ! Am I on candid camera !

What a joke!

Super Contributor

Absolutely Tracfone is IN THE TOILET!!!!  NOT DOWN BUT IN!!  After years of being with tracfone they screwed my minutes and messed with my data that I had no use for this service.  I was with them since 2007 or before that I can remember and I just gave up last year and switched to Metro T-Mobile and have been pleasantly surprised with their service.  They gave me a free Samsung Android free phone and also pay for my FREE Amazon Prime every year.  So delightful and rewarding.  Here in the Charleston SC area we have their stores and so nice service with them.