Super Contributor

Tracfone-restarting service with existing phone

Had lots going on and let my Tracfone service expire (beyond the 60 days so lost old phone #, etc.). I would like to restart with Tracfone with my existing phone which is at 6”, a size I like. I will eventually move on to a newer phone but I just don’t want a larger size. This is not my main phone so I have no issues there.

I’m going to purchase a card with 60 or 90 minutes and whatever service days to get started again. My question is do I have to do a factory reset. I’m not concerned about losing anything I have on the phone.

Any other tips about going through this process are appreciated. I'm not a smartphone techie. Thanks for any help.

Respected Contributor

Re: Tracfone-restarting service with existing phone

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem...forgot about my time on TracFone during tax season, expired, now no service. When I tried to add minutes, did not recognize the phone#.  I need the same advice...

Honored Contributor

@ScarletDove   @WildDunes   I know it's pure torture but you might consider calling TracFone for guidance.  You may have to state all over from a scratch 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ScarletDove   @WildDunes   I know it's pure torture but you might consider calling TracFone for guidance.  You may have to state all over from a scratch 

@Kachina624   Thanks for the advice and appreciate. 

1. I thought about contacting TracFone, although that is akin to torture. 

2. Also thought about waiting for a TracFone special and just starting over with a new phone and new phone#. 

Option#2 seems less painful.  I have had my current TracFone about 4-5 years and do not use it constantly, so getting a new one might be the better option...

Super Contributor

@ScarletDove wrote:

I have the same problem...forgot about my time on TracFone during tax season, expired, now no service. When I tried to add minutes, did not recognize the phone#.  I need the same advice...

If it is beyond 60 days, your phone # has been deactivated so it is not recognized. I do know that you can re-register your existing phone by going through the new device steps and you will get a new phone #. For me, that is irritating, but not a very big deal, so that's what I'm going to do. I just don't want a different phone at this time. 

Super Contributor

@ScarletDove @Kachina624  I know that I have to start over. Just asked probably a dumb question. I'll just reset the phone as I won't lose anything that I'm concerned about. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ScarletDove wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

2. Also thought about waiting for a TracFone special and just starting over with a new phone and new phone#. 

Option#2 seems less painful.  I have had my current TracFone about 4-5 years and do not use it constantly, so getting a new one might be the better option.

@ScarletDove 

HSN just had the Samsung Ao3s for $49.99 with free s&h. The phone I have and I set it up by calling. Took longer to punch all the robot stuff than getting to a live person. Total time? About 15-20 minutes. Phone working before I disconnected from the Rep.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@ScarletDove wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Option#2 seems less painful.  I have had my current TracFone about 4-5 years and do not use it constantly, so getting a new one might be the better option.

@ScarletDove 

HSN just had the Samsung Ao3s for $49.99 with free s&h. The phone I have and I set it up by calling. Took longer to punch all the robot stuff than getting to a live person. Total time? About 15-20 minutes. Phone working before I disconnected from the Rep.

hckynut 🇺🇸

@hckynutjohn   Thanks for the info....