Honored Contributor

Re: Tracfone minutes question

@x Hedge - My DH and I do a similar thing to record our current minutes and service before we upgrade - but we just lay our phones on our photocopier and press the button!

You're right that it's good to have a record of it before you transfer anything.  Good advice.

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia

I update the Trackfone balance widget and then take a picture once a week. Gives me a running record of how much use is 'normal' on each phone. I've read those horror stories of people being told by Tracfone cs they must have 'used up' hundreds of missing minutes.

I do an extra photo before and after adding airtime and/or minutes or even updating the TracFone app in case anything goes kerflooey.

Store the pictures in the clouds, just in case you ever drop your phone into the dishwater.

Just a word of caution since you have 2 Trackfones; 

Don't have them near each other and both with WiFi turned on and apps opened to the TracFone website.

I had mine side by side on the table top while I was updating the TracFone app on one, and suddenly the phone number and bucket balances of one phone showed up on the widget of the other phone. The 1st phone, having lost its phone number, completely shut down, and the other phone had lost it's own number and appeared to have been 'tampered with'.(they said)

Thank goodness I also had photos of my phone's serial numbers.

I hightailed it to the library to get on a PC, get my notes & pictures in order, and get on a chat with the Trackfone tech dept.

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge - I'd never have thought of the phones picking up each other's signal.  When I say we lay them on the copier, I mean one at a time so we each have a record.  To be honest, we've only ever had an issue with minutes going missing back in the "early days" and they got resolved by their CS.  And, yes, I always make a note before I add any time, texts or data.  It just pays to be aware.

But, wow - what a mess for you!  Woman Sad

Contributor

Re: Tracfone minutes question.

Hi, Everyone.

I wanted to give everyone an update.   I just now activated my new Android phone via the Tracfone website.  Information said it could take anywhere from 2 hours to 2 days to activate.  My new phone was working in less than 15 minutes.  I'm able to surf, text, and make calls with it.

The phone came with 1350 minutes, texts, and data.   My old non-android phone had 2000 minutes on it.  When I transferred the 2000 minutes they did go into my minutes bucket.  The text and data numbers (1350) stayed the same.

I wanted to thank everyone for taking time to answer my question.

Esteemed Contributor

@WVopr, Thanks for the confirmation about what happens now to single bucket minutes when transferred to a triple bucket phone.
Honored Contributor

Re: Tracfone minutes question.

[ Edited ]

@WVopr

Glad you got your new Tracfone up and running. No surprise to me you didn't get the texts and data added. Now those with the older Tracfones know they get only the part they have leftover transferred, not things they never had in their original Tracfone plan. Enjoy,

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)