Honored Contributor

Re: Tracfone from TSV last year

My first tracfone had double min and I had a heck of a time getting them.Since then I have always bought a new phone each year so I didn't renew since when I buy a phone I always buy a year of min and service. Next July I will be buying for my smartphone.

Respected Contributor

I bought the centura last year when it was the TSV and it was a nightmare getting minutes transferred and the phone working....even voice mail was a nightmare to set up....I was told that since it was their 1st time doing this type of phone plan that many of their reps were not trained nor prepared to handle the calls related to it....I was so angry and frustrated with the whole experience....and now that I have the phone working it's not all I tohught it would be...I haven't even downloaded an app to it yet...so I went through all that frustration switching out my phone to this one for services/features I do not use and probably never will.....I'm thinking to go back to a regular phone next time around and pray transferring my minutes from this phone won't be a hassle like it was getting the minutes onto it in the 1st place.

Super Contributor

I've never had a problem with any of the Tracfones I've had. It's always instant when I do it on line. I would never call them again because most of them don't speak English and it's hard to communicate about a technical issue when you can't understand the tech. I've been happy with every other method of communicating with them though.