Valued Contributor

He hasn't had the phone for the "year" bought from HSN ----- and not used enough to buy a "monthly" plan for talk, text etc--at $20 or so a month---- can you buy JUST the individual $5 texts option w/o a monthly plan? 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tracfone card?

[ Edited ]

@sipp wrote:

He hasn't had the phone for the "year" bought from HSN ----- and not used enough to buy a "monthly" plan for talk, text etc--at $20 or so a month---- can you buy JUST the individual $5 texts option w/o a monthly plan? 

Yes, you can @sipp .   

I buy texts only, but no talk, no data, NO plan.

If you don't include the posters name in your replies, we can't tell who you're addressing, and nobody gets a notification. It's sheer chance someone would check in again on your thread.

Please let us know WHERE in the QVC website it says something about transferring the tripling to a new phone.

I'm sure many here would like to read exactly what it says.

Thank you so much.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tracfone card?

[ Edited ]

@sipp wrote:

This was expecially helpful! we didn't know that they were automatically deducted - thought if it was on our internet that they weren't subtracted!!! thankyou!!

Just so you're aware, "a text" consists of 160 characters, or less. At 161 characters it is deducted as being two texts. The longer the text, the more is deducted.

Letters, common punctuation marks, and spaces between words count as one character each.

Some less often used symbols may count more than 90 characters each.

Your phone should have a counter that shows the number of characters changing as you write the text, so you know when you approach 160. 

The whole reasoning behind what some people call texting shorthand is to conserve characters. The goal is for your message to be complete and clear, but avoid going over 160 characters in a single text.

. . . And, you are paying to both send and receive texts. Yes, receiving a text will deduct from your total, just as sending a text does. Thank goodness they're so inexpensive nowadays, much less expensive than phone calls.

Valued Contributor

I was unaware! Thankyou so much for your infor- both husband and I have smartphones now- wish we didn't ....they make us feel stupid...Old "stupid" ones were so much easier! lol!

Valued Contributor

and this was REALLY news to us!!!

Valued Contributor

When we purchase the phones --- they assured us in QVC's questions and answers that our non-smart phones with triple everything would carry over to the smart phones we purchased but only the first time we bought them "as a courtesy"- any different further purchases - would not triple.ie if we bought New different smart phones- the first ones we bought- would not carry that over- since we haven't had to add anything yet- I don't know that the original "promises" were kept.