Honored Contributor

Why would you remove the battery?   My first cell phones were Tracfones; I upgraded a couple of times over the 8 or 9 years I used Tracfones and I never had any battery issues.  I never removed the battery on any cell phone that I ever had.

Honored Contributor

@The Odd One wrote:

Some of the newer Tracfones do not have removable batteries. I'm always upgrading to a new model instead of buying a new yearly service plan, so batteries that can't be removed don't matter to me.

Tracfone offers many different phone models so it cannot be true that all of the models available have batteries that can't be removed.   Tracfone offers  I phones, and several models of Samsung Galaxy along with the LG's.  

Valued Contributor

@WildDunes wrote:

Thanks to each of you that replied - so much help. I can see where a non-removable battery wouldn't matter to some as you do change phones regularly. In response to the poster that said something to the effect of why would you remove a battery, well, things happen and sometimes you do have to remove the battery. 

Here is what generated my question: from tracfonereviewer's review of the Galaxy J3 Orbit Battery: 2600 mAh non-removable with 19hrs talk time, 21 days standby.

Again, thanks to  each for your help.

Looks like that phone does have a removeable battery.  Not sure what your question is at this point.  Tracfone is not a "phone" it is a phone service

Super Contributor

@In-x-s wrote:

@WildDunes wrote:

Thanks to each of you that replied - so much help. I can see where a non-removable battery wouldn't matter to some as you do change phones regularly. In response to the poster that said something to the effect of why would you remove a battery, well, things happen and sometimes you do have to remove the battery. 

Here is what generated my question: from tracfonereviewer's review of the Galaxy J3 Orbit Battery: 2600 mAh non-removable with 19hrs talk time, 21 days standby.

Looks like that phone does have a removeable battery.  Not sure what your question is at this point.  Tracfone is not a "phone" it is a phone service

@In-x-s  per the mention above - it says non-removable battery. And yes, I know Tracfone is a service and Samsung Galaxy J3 Orbit is a phone. My question was answered and I was thanking posters. Not sure what your point is.

Valued Contributor

@WildDunes wrote:

@In-x-s wrote:

@WildDunes wrote:

@In-x-s  per the mention above - it says non-removable battery. And yes, I know Tracfone is a service and Samsung Galaxy J3 Orbit is a phone. My question was answered and I was thanking posters. Not sure what your point is.

@WildDunesme neither, actually. Smiley Wink  I did see that review on the Tracfone site about the non-removable battery although all other specs I've read on that phone say it does have a removable battery.  So I guess my point is I am all around confused. LOL

I'm happy you got your question answered and for what it's worth, I have been very happy with all Samsung phones I've had with Tracfone.

Honored Contributor

To be honest, every battery is removable, it's just a question of how easy it is to remove. Phones with an easy to remove battery typically have the whole back that pops off with no tools and the battery is connected with a plug of some sort that can be easily undone. Phones with a "non-removable" battery tend to need to be carefully pried apart using specialized tools (that are readily available) and in some cases the battery is soldered in instead of just plugged in. If you're handy with a soldering iron, removing it isn't that hard. It's quite literally impossible to build a device with a battery that absolutely can't be removed. If they can figure out a way to get a battery in, someone can (and likely has) figured out a way to get it out.

YouTube is filled with videos of people replacing non-replaceable batteries in i-Phones, i-Pads, Nintendo Switch consoles, and more. It's not always easy, but it's far from impossible, so don't let the non-removable battery issue affect your decision. If you like a phone, the type of battery should be largely immaterial. Even if you're not comfortable replacing a non-removable battery, there are likely repair shops near you that have no issue doing so and will do so for a smallish fee. There literally is no such thing as a non-replaceable battery. It's just a question of how hard it is to replace a battery. Some are extremely easy, some need you to largely disassemble the whole device, but every battery is replaceable.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Super Contributor

@In-x-s  Thanks. Glad to know you are happy with Samsung. I've had LG's, this will be first Samsung.