New Contributor

Tracfone Website and Service is Useless

Hello All,  I and my wife have been QVC Tracfone users for years.  This past year has been extremely horrible with Tracfone website and its service.

Many of the phone add on cards to your phone service are not available on its website.  One must go find the older card offers at a nearby store (say Walmart, Target, etc) to obtain.

The TF website Talk, Messages and Data offerings are now trying to force you into a monthy plan.  Even those offerings are now limited.

Even today, the Tracfone website is down, as of this writing, and a user cannot log into their account, or contact customer service, or even use the online chat (which is useless because its just a computer with standard responses even though you ask a specific question.)

We have three active QVC tracfones to which in less than a month, most of our talk and message values will deminish with our usage and we are changing out to a more quality service company (now with a better price overall and our phones are compatible)

We have recently emailed QVC with these continuous probems with Tracfone service with our concern regarding QVC selling these products to QVC customers. 

Years back, both I and my wife raved about Tracfone and mentioned to others of its great price through QVC and the Tracfone service.

Not any more.  We now tell people to stay as far away from Tracfone.

Good Luck, you'll need it

If your purchasing a Tracfone and its service.

Honored Contributor

Re: Tracfone Website and Service is Useless

@Junky    There have been other recent complaints here about TracFone service.  I just activated a phone and had no problem, however I didn't need to call for help.

What new company are you now going to use?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Junky 

I bought 2 Samsung Ao2 phones a few months ago from HSN. Came with the 1500 package and chargers. Signed up new phones online without any problems.

Like you a Tracfone user from the 1st time HSN sold them. I am pretty much a non-user, it's only carried in my car for emergencies, like when I don't come home, and need to call my wife and tell her I am in the ER.

Obviously I never need any cards or whatever to add to my 1500 with the 12 month service. Pretty much buy a new phone every year and for my use 1500+1 year works great.

My phone has all the do-dads that I never use, I mean, it is after all a telephone! For $59.95 delivered and $4.99 per month? Can't beat it!

hckynut 🥅🏒  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I gave up on Tracfone years ago, the worst CS in the world!!!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

i've been using tracfone for about 8yrs and hubs 6yrs. we just got HSN TS samsung phone. i activated yesterday and had no problems. you need some patience.

About a month ago, i needed more data and tried to do on line. didn't work. i then went to my phone and it worked there. no clue why. i wonder if they are trying to get more people to use the app and not online? we are in a more rural setting and have good coverage. I cringe at the $$ somepeople spend on phones. we still have a land line, so my phone gets very little use.

Esteemed Contributor

@Junky  I agree with you.  I've used Tracfone for alot of years. They are making it so difficult to buy texts and minutes.  Used to be able to buy from the phone, now it's a complicated set of hoops to jump through online.  My husband has Consumer Cellular now....we'll see how that is.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Trusted Contributor

I agree with the criticism here regarding Tracfone, and especially the customer service.  May of last year, I purchased the Samsung Galaxy A01 5.7" HD+ Tracfone.  The vendor always makes everything look so easy during her presentations.  I'll keep using it until I find something else.  I finally figured out how to receive and make calls and setting the alarm clock.  I'm thinking about the Jitterbug flip phone.  I don't need bells and whistles.  

Respected Contributor

Verizon bought Tracfone from the original Mexican company about a year ago

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No luck needed for DH and myself.  We've been Tracfone customers for over 20 years now and have no intention of switching providers.

We just got new phones a couple of months ago and transferred everything over with no problems.  I have a lot on my phone so mine took about a half hour start to finish.  His was done in minutes.

I add texts to my phone pretty frequently by going on the website - again, no problem.  You just have to pay attention to what you're doing.

Just because someone has a problem doesn't mean everyone needs to be warned to stay away.  We love our Tracfones.

ETA:  @Junky  I just realized you posted a similar complaint about a month ago.  You say you've now moved on to another carrier, so perhaps just time to "move on"?

Esteemed Contributor

@walkingal wrote:

I agree with the criticism here regarding Tracfone, and especially the customer service.  May of last year, I purchased the Samsung Galaxy A01 5.7" HD+ Tracfone.  The vendor always makes everything look so easy during her presentations.  I'll keep using it until I find something else.  I finally figured out how to receive and make calls and setting the alarm clock. 

I'm thinking about the Jitterbug flip phone.  I don't need bells and whistles.  

@walkingal 

If you "don't need bells and whistles", read my post here. Pretty simple for me with my Samsung Ao2, I don't use them. And you can find on the Samsung website, or even Utube, how to make and receive telephone calls. Some even take you step by step.

I build my own computers, so I usually can figure out how to work most electronics, including my Ao2 cell phone. However, since I am buying it to use it only as a telephone, and for $4.99 per month? I just don't waste my time figuring out features that I never use.

There are still cell phones and companies out there that have easy to use cell phones, but! You bess expect to pay more than my $4.99 per month for any of them.

hckynut(john)🥅🏒  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)