Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tracfone - Today's Special

@software wrote:

The next Tracfone I buy will have more than 16GB internal memory and a larger screen than 5".   I have my eye on 2 hoping they will be reduced in price between now and Black Friday.

As far as the minutes and texts being a good deal, I don't use either much, so it's not my  primary reason to buy.     But memory & a big screen is.

I prefer Samsung, I would consider Motorola.  I had an LG, didn't care for it.

It maybe time to consider buying a unlocked phone.This phone should run on Tracfone Verizon . You can start a search at TracfoneReviewer blog.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Stargazer77 wrote:

@gardenman I set up the Moto G6 for my uncle and it was a nice phone.  Not for me personally; it had a few quirks that would annoy me (I'm used to LG and Samsung), but it was a very nice phone.  I actually saw it on sale in Costco one day.  The screen wasn't as large as I thought it would be.  When I saw it was 5.7" I dismissed it outright for myself without even seeing it, but when I was setting it up it wasn't as large and cumbersome as I expected. The empty space between the edge of the phone and the screen was smaller than my other (older) phones.

Are you the poster who had a good deal of health issues a year or two ago?  I can't remember now what they were, but I remember you had a challenging time getting around.  How are you doing now?  I'm a gardenwoman, btw.  Smiley Wink  

Yeah, I broke my left femur in a fall back in January 2018. I had to have surgery then had some complications with DVT's and PICC line infections. I have hemophilia A, so I had to infuse clotting factor while the break was still moving around to prevent bleeds which is why I had the PICC line, but then I also had to take Lovenox to prevent more blood clots. Unfortunately, the fracture became a non-union fracture and refused to heal well.

As of February it was finally starting to heal and I see my ortho doc on Wednesday for the latest update. At the last update the four outer edges of the bone had finally bridged and the fracture line looked like it was starting to heal, but there was a golfball sized hole where part of the bone had shattered that they thought might never heal. It had been feeling pretty good but in the last month or so may be regressing a bit. We'll see what the x-rays show on Wednesday.

I like the Moto G6, but I waited too long on HSN and it's now sold out. Something new will be coming along though, so I'll bide my time for a bit. Apparently it wasn't meant to be.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hey @gardenman ,

Sorry to read all this stuff happening to you. Falling and breaking a leg bone is bad enough, but all these other issues really put you through the ringer. I must have missed this if you posted in the Wellness Forum. If it was in the Garden Forum? I never go there.

I have been through a lot of what you mention here. Serious infections/PE(twice)/PICC line and Lovenox several times, once for over a month.That stuff sure paints a nice color scheme on your belly if you have to shoot yourself

very long. Fortunately I do not suffer from hemophilia as that in itself has to be tough for you to deal with too.

Hope all this stuff works out for you and you get full mobility back again. I wish you the best.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

Hey @gardenman ,

Sorry to read all this stuff happening to you. Falling and breaking a leg bone is bad enough, but all these other issues really put you through the ringer. I must have missed this if you posted in the Wellness Forum. If it was in the Garden Forum? I never go there.

I have been through a lot of what you mention here. Serious infections/PE(twice)/PICC line and Lovenox several times, once for over a month.That stuff sure paints a nice color scheme on your belly if you have to shoot yourself

very long. Fortunately I do not suffer from hemophilia as that in itself has to be tough for you to deal with too.

Hope all this stuff works out for you and you get full mobility back again. I wish you the best.

hckynut

I was on the Lovenox for nine months and pretty much had a hematoma the size of a baby in my abdomen. Balancing out the bleeding and clotting risks is kind of challenging. I made it through though. I'm functional with the leg now, but it's not where I want it yet. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

@gardenman Did you do any gardening this summer or are you not really able to yet?  You have a cat, right?  I remember someone (a woman, a neighbor?) was helping to care for you and/or your cat early in your recovery.  I hope you get good news at the doctor.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

@Stargazer77 wrote:

@gardenman Did you do any gardening this summer or are you not really able to yet?  You have a cat, right?  I remember someone (a woman, a neighbor?) was helping to care for you and/or your cat early in your recovery.  I hope you get good news at the doctor.

I was able to garden some this year which was nice. Technically two cats own me, Lizzie and Callie. People don't own cats, cats own people. My neighbor's daughter took care of the cats during the four hospitalizations.  

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

I was on the Lovenox for nine months and pretty much had a hematoma the size of a baby in my abdomen. Balancing out the bleeding and clotting risks is kind of challenging. I made it through though. I'm functional with the leg now, but it's not where I want it yet. 

Ouch!  I understand the balancing act. After my 1st PE I was on Coumadin/Warfarin for over 7 years. On average I  went to the hospital for full blood draws 3 times a week. Many weeks it was all 7 days, INR/ProTime just was never level.

Too low, 2nd episode of PE, in hospital 9 days on IV Heparin until INR got up to over 2. Had as high as 12.9/13.0 and came close to bleeding out. Fortunately I was in a Cardiac Rehab Class in a building connected to the hospital.

Golf ball sized lumps popping out of my lower leg before I  got into the hospital. Shot me up with Vitamin K and got the biggest syringe IV and pushed 4 units of frozen Blood Plasma in me. Was a pretty close one that time.

Finally decided to quit Coumadin/Warfarin after colon bleeds/15 Colonoscopies/3 Double Balloon Enteroscpies and 120 blood transfusions and 15+ Iron Infusions. Had Greenfield Vena Cava Filter placed in groin to help block the PE. That was in about 2011-2012, so far still breathing.

Hey man, get better!

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I just used my $10 off coupon on HSN and got a new Tracfone LG  Premiere Pro (model 414 DL a slight upgrade from my current model 413 DL) along with another year's of service for $53.96. That's a really good deal if anyone's still looking for a phone. They only had three choices in case color, but that's fine. Just a year's service with no minutes, data or texts costs $45, so for about $9 extra I got another 1500 minutes, 1500 texts and 1.5 gb of data. I like my current LG Premiere Pro, so this was kind of a no-brainer move for me. My old minutes expire on the 24th and the new phone should be here on the 13th.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman 

My Tracfone runs out in September so I ordered this same phone. For a phone with these features $59.99 it was a great price to replace my current LG. Hardly ever use it but always want a phone with me when on the move.

Checked my account and have close to 5,000 of each text/talk and many gigs of data which I doubt ever gets used.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut 

It's a great phone and a really good deal at that price. I couldn't pass it up. You can buy just a year of airtime at Tracfone for $45, but for $9 more I got a new phone, new case, new charger, 1500 minutes, 1500 texts, and another 1.5 gb of data. I may upgrade the case down the road as the one on last year's phone is literally falling apart, but that's an easy thing to upgrade. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!