Respected Contributor

Tracfone TSV June 28--Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro

Looks like QVC changed both the date and the phone for this TSV. This Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro comes with a year's service, 1500 M/T/D, and a 5.5" screen. The price is $139.95, and it's on Easy Pay.

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

Re: Tracfone TSV June 28--Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro

I bought the Samsung Galaxy Sky from HSN two weeks ago for $89.95 or $102 total. It came in handy as my two year old Tracphone LG was running out of memory and I was days away from annual renewal. My new phone is 5", triple minutes for life and 16 GB. The apps on the old phone automatically came over since I kept the same phone number. Now I need to find out how to set up voice mail, will have to call about that.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

A comparable phone is offered through T Mobile for $269. Please see my remarks in Tracfone thread. I think they are using a slightly slower processor for this Tracfone model but it is essentially the same as the J7 Prime. It's even worth unlocking if you can once the minutes run out  and seek out a cheaper plan.

Metro PCS (which is owned by T Mobile) has the phone for $149; nomally $209. Then you have to buy a refil card, so it's a lot more.

$139 with 1500 minutes of talk/text is not bad.

Respected Contributor

Wow - I'm a bit dissapointed in the Samsung Galaxy J7 "TS" coming up.  Happy I bought the HSN LG Fiesta a month ago for $129.  Just to let you all know the battery is fabulous and lasts so long!  It's a great phone all around and takes wonderful pictures.  

The triple minutes are gone, but the pricing has changed as well in purchasing future minutes, so it's no big deal in the end as far as that is concerned.  The screen size is 5.5", 16gb.  The Samsung still has 6.01 operating system where Lg Fiesta has the new 7!  That's what surprised me the most. Plus the camera on the Fiesta is 13 rear/5 front where the Samsung is 8 rear/5 front.  Hmm....

I was going to purchase it as I always have 2 tracfones on hand but already own the Samsung Galaxy Sky at 5" and it's really no difference other than  .5" more screen size.  Don't get the $139.00 TS price on this one. Woman Surprised  

Respected Contributor

This sky Pro J7 ihas an octocore processor. They made space for a large battery. I have last year's J7 with T mobile . Great phone. They have this trick of putting the latest OS on a really cheap phone. I don't know about the LG Fiesta, but it sounds very similar to another one put out by LG.
But it seems that they changed on camera for this year's 2017 j7.
BTW. I dont think Tracfone is not the best for smartphones. It is not a good deal for data. If you're budget conscious and want a smartphone. There are better deals to be had. Or if you do get the Sky Pro. Remember to use wifi

Respected Contributor

It bothered me that I couldn't remember the name of the phone. I think it's going to come down to how you intend to use the phone. The Battery on the J7 Sky Pro is really big and great for a phablet. The octocore processor does make a bit of a difference.
Respected Contributor

I've grown partial to LGs. There are no new TF releases on the horizon before the year's service ends on my Premier, so I'll probably end up getting the Fiesta from HSN. I wouldn't normally do that for fear of getting one of the "problem" phones returned, but when I see the HSN reviews about the number returned only for lack of triple minutes, I feel more confident.

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

Good luck.

LG makes some very aesthetically pleasing devicies. I have used both Samsung and LG. The chief reason that I have currently a J7 is that my devices available to me are limited since I use prepaid T Mobile service. Knowing that I use my cell as my primary phone, it was important that it have certain specs. It was more expensive, but I know that I wouldn't be throwing out a phone at the end of a year to 18 months. I had to do that with a LG phone before. You need a certain amount of RAM for the phone to work properly after you keep getting updates for other apps.

Trying to limi the number of phones I need to recycle. This shortened product cycle is neither great on the pocketbook nor the environment.

Again, wishing you luck with your phone. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If a person uses a lot of data tracfone is probably not their best choice nor if they need a lot of storage. However, if you don't use the data much or feel you need to store tons of pictures or other data then a tracfone smartphone would most likely be a very good buy for you.

Personally I've had a tracfone for 7 years now and wouldn't go back to a contract phone . But my cell phone use is only moderate.Dividing the cost + S&H = tax + extended warranty by 12 months - it is $15 + change a month for the phone & service.