Respected Contributor

@Venezia

I haven't looked at the receipt in the box yet, was waiting for my prepaid label to arrive, so thanks for all the info!  We need to get it to where it is supposed to go.

I think they should pay for it because it didn't get att reception at our house as they promised (our zipcode).  Oh well, I will be glad to be done with the whole fiasco.

Honored Contributor

@MeMaw23 wrote:

I have a ? for those who have bought tracfones in the past.  I bought 2 last year - my account says my final day is June 21st.  Do I just need to buy more minutes or buy a new phone?

@MeMaw23 - Sorry, just saw this question.  The final day you're referring to is your last date of service.  Regardless of how many minutes you have left, you need to add service to your phone.  You can do that by buying a one-year service card (which will include some more minutes/text/data; usually 400 which will triple to 1200) or you can buy a new phone, if you can find a package that includes the service and minutes.

If you buy a new phone, keep in mind that you'll have to transfer everything to it.  So, if you love your current phone, I'd be inclined to keep it, unless you find a much better deal than just buying the card.

Please note though:  you must add additional service before your current service expires.  Otherwise, you'll lose all the minutes/text/data you now have on your phone and I don't think you will get it back, even if you call them.  (They really clamped down on that.) You can buy this additional service anytime before your final date and it will tack on to what you have now and extend it for another year.

HTH

Honored Contributor

@author - The rep I spoke to didn't even offer to send a prepaid label, let alone any label!  I'll be interested to hear if the label you get is actually prepaid and, if so, how much it will cost.

Contributor

Re: Tracfone TSV Coming Up

[ Edited ]

Venezia and author....thank you for the info.  I called HSN this morning and she advised that indeed the return address, just like my return label, was in Grand Prairie, TX.  I didn't ask for any other label, I just took it to the post office and shipped priority.

I was confused, as I know HSN is in Florida and this going to Texas I wasn't sure about.  She looked it up and yes the return was to Grand Prairie, TX and then the credit would be issued.

I'm getting another Ultimate2 from Amazon triple minutes for $59.95.  Good deal.  I didn't care for the Sunset, much prefer the Ultimate.

Hopefully it all goes smooth.  Thank you again!

Trusted Contributor

@mil3 wrote:

I'm getting another Ultimate2 from Amazon triple minutes for $59.95.  Good deal.  I didn't care for the Sunset, much prefer the Ultimate.

@mil3  Did you know HSN is selling the Ultimate 2 in a bundle?  You get 1 year of service and 1200 talk/text/data minutes.  It's 119.95.  Depending on when your current service runs out you may be better off buying a bundle from HSN than buying just a phone from Amazon (unless that also comes in a bundle).  

I have the Ultimate 2 as my primary cell phone and got the Sunset for my secondary cell phone and I prefer the Ultimate 2.  There are a couple things I like better on the Sunset, but overall I prefer the Ultimate 2.  I hope everything will go smoothly for you and you'll end up with a phone you love!  

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Contributor

Re: Tracfone TSV Coming Up

[ Edited ]

Stargazer77...The ultimate2 at Amazon is a bundle for $59.99 triple for life 1200 talk/text/data.  I read on Amazon where they were waitlisted and now back in stock.  Wanted to get one before they are gone again. 

Can't beat that deal I don't think!

Respected Contributor
Don't forget that you can change the keyboard color on the Ultimate 2. Your own little update! For those who don't know, here's how: Go into SYSTEM SETTINGS. Scroll to LANGUAGE & INPUT, then tap to open. Go to LG KEYBOARD, and cluck on that little "screw" (settings) icon. Scroll to bottom and open ADDITIONAL SETTINGS. Open KEYBOARD THEME (top of screen). You can then preview the 4 options: blue (the default), black (my favorite), coral, and tan. You can also see how the "bubble" appears for each theme, if you've chosen that "Preview on Keypress" option (I like the letter bubble to show when I tap, but some find it distracting). I love the Ultimate 2, and it's nice to be able to "change things up" occasionally!

What worries you masters you.
Trusted Contributor

@Moonlady Cool!  I didn't know that!  Thanks!

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Thanks mil3, I am going to send mine back and am glad to know where it should go!  I prefer my Ultimate 2 and am happy I can return the Sunset.

Contributor

@Moonlady wrote:
Don't forget that you can change the keyboard color on the Ultimate 2. Your own little update! For those who don't know, here's how: Go into SYSTEM SETTINGS. Scroll to LANGUAGE & INPUT, then tap to open. Go to LG KEYBOARD, and cluck on that little "screw" (settings) icon. Scroll to bottom and open ADDITIONAL SETTINGS. Open KEYBOARD THEME (top of screen). You can then preview the 4 options: blue (the default), black (my favorite), coral, and tan. You can also see how the "bubble" appears for each theme, if you've chosen that "Preview on Keypress" option (I like the letter bubble to show when I tap, but some find it distracting). I love the Ultimate 2, and it's nice to be able to "change things up" occasionally!

THANKS for posting that tip about the Keyboard Theme.  I never knew that option.