Respected Contributor

OMG.  I am so glad I saw this post.  I just put in my order at HSN.  Was just about to buy more minutes.  It's always a better deal to buy a new phone and they make it so easy to transfer everything.  I have been very happy with tracfone for a couple of years now, and will never go back to contract phones. 

Trusted Contributor

@Ms Nixie wrote:

It is a great deal, but I am going to pass on it.  I want the carriers to be Verizon and AT & T, that is what I have on my phone now.  T-Mobile just doesn't work in my area.

@Ms NixieTo my knowledge, it's either AT&T or Verizon.  Also, Sprint and T-Mobile, but I can't remember which one goes with AT&T and which one goes with Verizon.  If the phone is CDMA that is Verizon.  If the phone is GSM that is AT&T (you can always find this info in the phone's specs tab on HSN or QVC).  This Today's Special phone is AT&T (nothing to do with Verizon's towers).  It's very rare to have a Tracfone smartphone that uses AT&T.  Most of them are CDMA and use Verizon.  To my knowledge, if the phone is not picking up either Verizon's or AT&T signal then it will go to Sprint or T-Mobile, depending on which one goes with AT&T and which one goes with Verizon.  Does anyone remember which one goes with which? 

If my knowledge is wrong please correct me.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Respected Contributor

Re: Tracfone TSV Coming Up

[ Edited ]

The TSV is AT&T carrier, @Ms Nixie .  I posted to John, above as he was interested in the carrier.  Just wouldn't want you to miss out because of a misunderstanding.Woman Wink

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Respected Contributor
No, you still get the triple minutes for the life of the phone regardless of when you choose to activate it. The host said that "we ended the deadline" for activation so that, if people wanted to wait for their current contracts to expire, they could still get the TS phone. That phone looks nice, too.

What worries you masters you.
Contributor

The rep stated you can activate whenever, however, I did a chat with HSN and you do have to return the phone within 30-days if you want your money back.  So if you activate after the 30-days and it doesn't work or you don't like it, you are out of luck.  I did order, as my contract is up next month, as this phone was an upgrade, I have the 3G.

Honored Contributor

On another thread today one of the QVC moderators said there is no Tracfone TSV for March 23rd (it's going to be a tablet).  Also, that there was no sign of any in April.  It was listed in the "Insider" online, but that has apparently been dropped.

If you check the Q's website, there are no longer any Tracfone bundles for sale, nor is Tracfone listed as a service provider.  I think the rumors are true that QVC and Tracfone have severed their relationship.  No idea why.

I ordered the HSN phone today for my DH and myself and will be interested to see how much better it is compared to the LG Ultimate II that we have now.  Too good a deal to pass up, especially if HSN is now going to be "the only game in town".

Trusted Contributor

Re: Tracfone TSV Coming Up

[ Edited ]

@Venezia wrote:

I ordered the HSN phone today for my DH and myself and will be interested to see how much better it is compared to the LG Ultimate II that we have now.  Too good a deal to pass up, especially if HSN is now going to be "the only game in town".

@Venezia I caved on it, as well.  I have two Tracfones, my primary and my secondary.  My secondary one (which I nicknamed The Batphone) is used for people who I don't really want to give my number to.  I keep it on silent and check it every day, but it mostly just sits there.  I've been renewing my service every 90 days with the bare minimum.

My primary phone is the LG Ultimate 2.  I really like it.  My favorite feature is the light up home button so I can see I have a text and also who's texting, depending on the color I've assigned them.  I plan to play with the Sunset for a couple weeks to see how I like it.  If I think I'd miss the Ultimate 2 too much then the Sunset will become my new Batphone.  My old Batphone is the Samsung S390G and, while I used to really like it, I'm kind of over its style and tiny screen with tiny buttons.  It still has an amazing battery life though, which I will really miss.  The smartphones just don't have the battery life like the old phones did.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Respected Contributor
Yes, Star,.I like that home LED button.feature, too. I have different colors assigned to contacts, and like to turn off the sound andknow who's texting or calling. And I LOVE the flashlight!

What worries you masters you.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Stargazer77 - Hi!  Yes, I kept looking at the LG Sunset and noticing that the buttons were all now "virtual" buttons on the screen.  I wasn't sure how well I'd like that, as I also set the home button on the Ultimate II to flash different colors for different people.

I'm hoping there is some equivalent feature on this new phone.  Let me know what you think, when you receive it and I'll do the same!

Honored Contributor

Am I correct in thinking even if you have time left on your current Tracfone you can activate the phone now and the time you have left will just be added to the new phone? The same goes for any minutes you have left, they rollover. I did wonder, I have a Tracfone with a different number that I no longer need. I have a lot of minutes left on it. Can you transfer minutes from one phone (different number) to another phone?