Trusted Contributor

Tracfone Samsung J7 Crown Battery Life?

For those who have the Tracfone Samsung J7 Crown, how's the battery life of your phone?  How does it compare to other phones you've had?  I switched over my service to the J7 the other day and the battery life is dismal.  The worst I've ever had.  I lose almost half the battery in one day, which shouldn't happen when it's barely used.  I was just curious about others' experiences.  I'm going to keep the phone and maybe look for another phone later this year.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Contributor

Re: Tracfone Samsung J7 Crown Battery Life?

I just recently changed to the Galaxy 7 Crown from Tracfone.....battery life certainly not the best...I have had other tracfones, mostly Samsung, and the battery life was much better...I need to charge mine every night so that it is ready for use the following day. I really like the phone and not exsessivly used so I am fine with this phone...If it needs to be charged fairly frequently, so be it for me.....I am happy!

Respected Contributor

@ChanelNanny wrote:

I just recently changed to the Galaxy 7 Crown from Tracfone.....battery life certainly not the best...I have had other tracfones, mostly Samsung, and the battery life was much better...I need to charge mine every night so that it is ready for use the following day. I really like the phone and not exsessivly used so I am fine with this phone...If it needs to be charged fairly frequently, so be it for me.....I am happy!

Turn off bluetooth and your battery will last longer. 

Respected Contributor

I've been using mine for about 2 weeks and my battery level stays high.  I did check all the "Optimize battery usage" type stuff in my settings, and do it once a day or so that the phone checks for unnecessary apps running, etc., and gets it back to where you want it to be, not draining power.

Trusted Contributor

@glb613 wrote:

@ChanelNanny wrote:

Turn off bluetooth and your battery will last longer. 

This! And also turn off location and wifi and only turn them on when you need them. For sure if you have wifi on and you leave the house the phone will be checking for a wifi connection the entire time.