Trusted Contributor

Tracfone Samsung Galaxy Luna Pro problem--Pictures

I'm having a problem with my cell phone.  Recently, I've not been able to open pictures that are being sent via text messages.  Am guessing that I inadvertently changed something on my phone recently as this is a new probem.  Not sure what I did, and not sure how to correct the problem.  HELP!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Tracfone Samsung Galaxy Luna Pro problem--Pictures

@susan kay

Since I do not text or receive them, by choice, I will leave this for those that do, to help you out. While I am familiar with all types of picture and video files, I don't like to guess about things I do not do myself. I have a Samsung Luna also, but only 3 people know my number, 1 of which is myself.

There are many here than can, and will help you, just a note to let you know I read this, but stay tuned, help will come from others.

hn

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

@hckynut, thank you!!!

Respected Contributor

Turn your data on, and then download the photo.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Trusted Contributor

@Ainhisg, THANK YOU.

Trusted Contributor

@Ainhisg, thought that I had it fixed.  It looks as if I have 7,000+ "minutes" as Tracfone calls them, 8,000+ minutes of texting, but I ran out of minutes for data.  Since I've not done that before, I am wondering what all "data" minutes are used for.  Got a bit more confused when i tried to add "data" minutes on Tracfone's website.  They didn't have a lot of options for adding on just data.

Respected Contributor

@susan kay wrote:

@Ainhisg, thought that I had it fixed.  It looks as if I have 7,000+ "minutes" as Tracfone calls them, 8,000+ minutes of texting, but I ran out of minutes for data.  Since I've not done that before, I am wondering what all "data" minutes are used for.  Got a bit more confused when i tried to add "data" minutes on Tracfone's website.  They didn't have a lot of options for adding on just data.

Data is used for the internet and is commonly measured in megabytes (MB) and gigabytes (GB).  On Tracfone, it should always be kept off if wi-fi is available as wi-fi is free and data is paid for through a Tracfone package or bundle.  Some phones use data to download photos.  My husband has a TF Samsung that does not, but I have a TF ZTE that does.

On the website, if you're only needing data, go under the "service add-ons" area, and choose the 1.0 GB of data for $10.

Trusted Contributor

@Ainhisg, I'm going to buy the $10 add on.  The majority of the time that I use the internet, I am using my wi-fi.  The phone is just more convenient than the computer.

Thank you again!!

Esteemed Contributor

@susan kay,  turn on data to download or send a text that has an attachment, such as a photo.

Once the process is complete, TURN YOUR DATA OFF again. 

Normally, data is kept in the OFF position.

It'll drain away very quickly if you leave it on all the time.

There are many to ways to adjust settings in the individual apps and in the phones settings to minimize data use.

That's a subject for another thread. It's already been discussed in detail in this forum so the info is here.Just takes a bit of looking.

It's easy to purchase additional data at the TracFone website. It's under "service add on's" at the bottom of this page.

https://www.tracfone.com/shop/plans

TracFone is set up to be easy for a do-it-yourself customer once you set up an account with them, whereas phone calls to CS are frequently overly long and extraordinarily frustrating.