Honored Contributor

Re: Tracfone Samsung Galaxy A10e (32GB) $99.99

I just bought it last night as I needed to buy minutes anyway to keep the phone active for another year. I also am currently using Galaxy J7 from several years back.

My question which I posed on Q&A under the product -all from the Q&A -  they state it is a Verizon phone and this device is CDMA -

I know Verizon is phasing out CDMA at the end of 2020 and going to GSM. What does that mean to us? Also there is a new VolTE which is their new system.

I'm babbling as I not techy - but I just want the coverage and don't want it to be non compatible with Verizon at the end of 2020 - 

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

I just bought it last night as I needed to buy minutes anyway to keep the phone active for another year. I also am currently using Galaxy J7 from several years back.

My question which I posed on Q&A under the product -all from the Q&A -  they state it is a Verizon phone and this device is CDMA -

I know Verizon is phasing out CDMA at the end of 2020 and going to GSM. What does that mean to us? Also there is a new VolTE which is their new system.

I'm babbling as I not techy - but I just want the coverage and don't want it to be non compatible with Verizon at the end of 2020 - 

A quick look at droidchart.com shows the Galaxy a10e to be a GSM phone, so it should be good with Verizon. The site gsmarena.com also lists it as being GSM and also CDMA and HSPA and LTE. I think you'll be safe with this phone on Verizon. (Verizon also sells it directly, so there's that.)

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@Yahooey wrote:

A quick look at droidchart.com shows the Galaxy a10e to be a GSM phone, so it should be good with Verizon. The site gsmarena.com also lists it as being GSM and also CDMA and HSPA and LTE. I think you'll be safe with this phone on Verizon. (Verizon also sells it directly, so there's that.)

@gardenman  I've always associated GSM with AT&T and Verizon with CDMA.  During Hurricane Sandy, I had AT&T and lost service due to cell tower issues.  My sister had Verizon and she didn't have any issues.  After that, I decided I wanted to have one of each.  It's very hard to find Tracfones that are GSM and use AT&T's towers.  I wonder if that will change in the future.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Stargazer77

I brought my first smart phone after hurricane Sandy.

I have used Verizon as my wireless company for 17 years. 

I live in the New York metro area. Most of my family and friends have Verizon as their cellular carrier.

I have found my service to work well whether I am home or away. I do not see a need to use a CDMA and a GSM phone. 

You should call Tracfone customer service and ask them about AT&T in your area. 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

This phone is on the Q today for $99.96 with free shipping on easy pay.  A question was asked about the carrier and it was answered as to be on Verison.

Here is what was said in the question area for item #E233821;

"My name is Arianne from TracFone Wireless. Yes. Verizon is the carrier for the Samsung Galaxy A10e."

I just purchased this one because of the 32gb vs the 16gb on my LG Premier Pro. I really enjoyed the LG but look forward to this new Samsung.