Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tracfone Samsung Galaxy A10e (32GB) $99.99

@Mothertrucker wrote:

i ordered it and it came today- no time to set it up till the weekend though..Have had Tracfone for over a decade and no problems...

I had a samsng SkyPro 7 but needed more memory- I obuth a Moto G6 with 32 GB in June, but I really dont like it- so I got this one

I have a question  about Transfer Wizard..i forget how to use it..Can my old phone transfer to the new one after I set up the new one, or do I need to run Transfer Wizard BEFORE I activate the new one?

@Mothertrucker 

You can do it in whatever order you prefer. Using the Transfer Wizard app doesn't require an account so you can transfer either before, or after, you activate your new phone. Since you haven't used the app in a while (I always need a refresher too) you might want to check out a video just to feel more confident. Here's a link to one I found by typing Transfer Wizard into my browser. 

https://get.tracfone.com/transfer-wizard/

I also ordered this phone but my delivery was delayed until Monday. I've never had a Samsung before so I hope I like it. I was really hoping to get the LG Stylo 5 but since neither of the shopping channels had it I decided to go ahead and get this one. Keeping my fingers crossed that we're both happy with it! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My wife got hers yesterday and has it all set up and working. She did the setup online keeping her same phone number. No problems carrying her left over time/text/data to her new phone. Her primary phone is a Samsung S7, this she uses as a backup. She transferred all her saved files/photos etc. by touching both phones together. Took about half hour to complete.

Looks like it should be a good phone and I am sure she will let me know once she uses it for awhile. 

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@Mothertrucker wrote:

i ordered it and it came today- no time to set it up till the weekend though..Have had Tracfone for over a decade and no problems...

I had a samsng SkyPro 7 but needed more memory- I obuth a Moto G6 with 32 GB in June, but I really dont like it- so I got this one

I have a question  about Transfer Wizard..i forget how to use it..Can my old phone transfer to the new one after I set up the new one, or do I need to run Transfer Wizard BEFORE I activate the new one?

@Mothertrucker 

You can do it in whatever order you prefer. Using the Transfer Wizard app doesn't require an account so you can transfer either before, or after, you activate your new phone. Since you haven't used the app in a while (I always need a refresher too) you might want to check out a video just to feel more confident. Here's a link to one I found by typing Transfer Wizard into my browser. 

https://get.tracfone.com/transfer-wizard/

I also ordered this phone but my delivery was delayed until Monday. I've never had a Samsung before so I hope I like it. I was really hoping to get the LG Stylo 5 but since neither of the shopping channels had it I decided to go ahead and get this one. Keeping my fingers crossed that we're both happy with it! Smiley Happy

Thanks @SusieQ_2  it worked like a charm- I began my Andriod life with an LG and really loved it- wthen I went Samsung and then Moto G6 for the memory- While there were things I loved about the Moto, I just never really liked it, and when I saw the 32 GB Samsng come up, I was thrilled- 

It is pretty intuitive and I dont think  you will have any problems, like anything,  it may take you a little getting used to the Samsung...  reall like the face recognition for one thing...

If you need help, just ask!

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for the offer of help @Mothertrucker . My phone is supposed to arrive today. Hopefully I'll get it all figured out but it's nice to know there are people like you willing to help if needed. Very happy to hear you had no problems...it gives me hope! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I've had mine a couple of weeks.

Coming from the 7

The transfer of files was the easiest ever, lots of improvements.

The old days if files transferred, they were corrupt or incomplete.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

If anyone wanted the phone but missed the low price, look on the Tracfone website.

Respected Contributor

But you don't get the minutes etc. if you buy from the site...

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

If anyone wanted the phone but missed the low price, look on the Tracfone website.

E-Bay and Amazon often have the same or similar deals offered also including minutes. And the deals on the shopping channels tend to rotate from one channel to another on a fairly regular basis. Give it a week or two (maybe a month or two) and the same deal will pop up on one of the other channels. 

My phone is good until sometime in September and I'll re-evaluate everything then. If 5G is then available locally I may switch to a 5G plan and use that for both home Internet through a hotspot/tethering and my phone service. Unlimited wireless plans have come way down in price and if they don't put restrictions on the amount of data or the speed of tethering, that could be the way to go. My Tracfone service works out to about $6 a month and my home Internet is about $56 a month, so I'm spending about $62 a month now. If I can get a 5G plan with unlimited data for less than that, then that would be the better option. I'll have to do a ton of fine print reading before committing as some providers limit the tethering/hotspot speed to 5 Mbps with 4G. I'll have to see what they do with 5G. T-Mobile is currently touting 5G here, but they limit tethering/hotspots to the old 4G network. If they open it up to 5G that would be an interesting option for me.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

This deal is available again on QVC for anyone who's interested.  The item number is E233821.  $99.96 plus free shipping.  1500 talk/text/data, one year of service.

@gardenman I haven't chatted with you in a long time.  How's your health?  My memory is a little fuzzy, but you had a broken bone (?) that took a long time to heal, yes?  I hope you're doing well.  How'd you make out in the storm last week?  I'm up north about a half hour outside the city and we really didn't get much (some wind and flurries), but I noticed on nj.com there were quite a few power outages in central/south NJ, in addition to a couple tornado warnings.  

Your post about 5G etc. was really interesting.  I'll keep a lookout for your future posts about it.  You take good care of yourself.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

@Stargazer77 

I saw an ad for that phone on Instagram last night offering it at that price again. The home shopping channels tend to repeat the same deals fairly frequently.

Yeah, I broke my left femur in January 2018 and after eighteen months they declared it "as healed as it'll get." The callus never formed and there's a golf ball sized hole in the middle of the femur where that part of the bone shattered, but the four cortices have bridged and it's stable. I'm doing okay with it now. It's not perfect by a longshot, but it's okay. There's a long plate that starts in the middle of the knee and runs all the way up the thigh providing additional strength. It's not 'right', but it's okay. 

The storm was windy and rainy, but not too bad here. There was a tornado warning but I didn't know it until after it had passed. I was busy writing when the warning got issued and when I'm writing I tend to block out everything else. When I stepped back from the computer and checked my phone I was surprised at all of the warnings and notifications, but I'd missed them at the time.

I think 5G will ultimately take over for all of the wired services (cable, phone, Internet) we use now. The speed (up to 20-25 Gbps) and other benefits make it a competition killer, once it gets fully deployed. Right now, it looks like most providers are going to try and force consumers to use other ISP's by limiting hotspots/tethering to 5 Mbps, but at some point a provider will unleash 5G for hotspots and tethering and the other providers will have to match them. T-Mobile's unlimited 5G is listed at $45 per line, but they limit hotspots and tethering to 4G (around 5Mbps). If they lift that limit and you can get even 50-100 Mbps, well less than their artificial cap of 20-25 Gbps (Qualcomm in their labs have been getting close to 50 Gbps) then why pay for other Internet access? It's got the potential to change the world as we know it.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!