Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tracfone Samsung Galaxy A10e (32GB) $99.99

[ Edited ]

@LexaMom wrote:

too bad the camera isn't as good as the J7.   I would like the bigger internal memory.  What I may do is keep the old phone around - it will still work with WIFI to take photos (in my home) and get the new one which will handle phone calls.  

@LexaMom

Samsung is bringing new flagship phones to market in February. The price of the older phones will drop.

Samsung introduced the A20 in April 2019. The price should drop below $179 at the Tracfone site.

This phone is sold by most carriers. The companies will find another favorite.  You should look for a buying opportunity. 

Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@software wrote:

That's a really good price.   I have a Galaxy SkyPro 7.   I'm ready to upgrade, I've had it a few years & need a battery (2nd new battery).    A battery cost almost as much as a phone!

I swore I'd never buy another 16gb phone.   Even using a SD card, I still can't download the apps I like.   And I'm ready for a bigger screen.   

I use my phone like a computer more than a phone.   

I like to look up news, weather, Facebook, and I want my bank app loaded so I can check my balance anytime.  I also have one slot game downloaded.

The A10e on the Tracfone site is $159

On the Tracfone site there's a review that the front facing camera is not 5mp, but 3mp   That would be the selfie camera, which I rarely use.

@software 

Samsung will bring a new flagship phones to market in February. It will be called the Samsung galaxy S20 regular, plus and ultra.

The current Samsung flagship phone is the S10.

The price on this series is being disconnected. 

Samsung has a mid range price phone line the A series. There are two higher quality  phones in this group the popular A20 and the A50. 

The Samsung Galaxy  A10e may be a very nice phone for  calls and text messages, but the camera is just average. 

Samsung, LG, Moto, or Apple may make a product that meets your needs; more storage, a better camera, and still run on the Tracfone network. 

I had an LG phone, it was highly rated but I didn't care for it, at the moment I don't recall why, just that I don't want another one.

Not interested in Apple.    For what I need, the A10e will be more than adequate.

I usually do try to wait for new releases to get a good deal on the previous model.

In other words, I'm always behind!

The best phone I ever had was a Sony Xperian.   The charging port quit working after a few years and it couldn't be repaired..   Some can, but mine couldn't.   I hated to see that one go. This was about 8 years ago

Trusted Contributor

I'd jump on this except it's missing the one thing I want in my new phone -

a notification light on the front of the phone.  I had an LG that has this, my

2nd LG didn't and I really missed it.  I know you can turn the phone over and

have the camera light blink, but it's not the same.  

Honored Contributor

My wife ordered this phone earlier today. She uses Tracfone as a backup phone to her S7 Samsung. To me the megapixels on cell phones at 5mp take great pix, and unless one wants to blow it up to a 20x20 pix?  I don't see any pixelation in my several 5mp cameras on several Tracfones.

I could show 50 people a 5mp photo, tell them it was 20mp, and most of them would not question it. Anyways, I like she is getting 2gb ram and 32 storage, and I believe, an Octa Core processor. Will she like it? Beats me, I am happy with my LG Pro.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@yellowrose wrote:

I'd jump on this except it's missing the one thing I want in my new phone -

a notification light on the front of the phone.  I had an LG that has this, my

2nd LG didn't and I really missed it.  I know you can turn the phone over and

have the camera light blink, but it's not the same.  

@yellowrose I had that LG phone, too.  I miss that phone and I loved that feature!  It's probably been my favorite smartphone ever.  I liked having a different color for each person that called me.  It was so nice to look over and see who had called or texted just from a glance.  Some users have recommended a program called NoLED and it's pretty nice.  I used people's pictures, so if I missed a call from them I would see their face on my screen.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Respected Contributor

I listened to the presentation and it sounds good - they even said it works on the Verizon network.

But when I looked at reviews on Amazon, they were all over the map - and many were not good.  Many said tracphone service is terrible and there are many problems just getting hooked up.

But what bothered me more, was the number saying they could NOT get service through Verizon or ATT and some couldn't even get the WiFi to work.

So I didn't get it.

Trusted Contributor

@Isobel Archer  I almost went ahead and ordered even though it doesn't

have the notification light that I want. But then I read some of the reviews on

Amazon about the phone not working with Verizon.  That was strike two,

and it was an out for me. I'd hate to set this phone up just to find out it didn't work.

I have to know for sure that it works with Verizon.

I hope sometime before the end of the year Q or HSN will offer the

perfect phone for me.

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe the difference in some people's experience is where they live--although it looks like Tracfone services most of the country as well as working internationally--so that doesn't really make sense.

My service, which I've had for many years now, is through Verizon and it's awesome. Never had a problem with reception, wifi, or the initial hookup. I even had Tracfone port my original number so I wouldn't have to get a new one when I switched over.

I do everything on my Tracfone. I stream Netflix, Hulu, stream cable TV, stream music with Napster, watch Youtube videos, go online for news and the forums, read books & listen to audiobooks using the Overdrive app, and text way more than I should. The furthest calls I make are to the east coast, I live in CA, and the reception is loud and clear. I've saved so much money using Tracfone I can't imagine ever going back to a monthly plan.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
  • I liked the flash notification button, too, especially assigning different colors to contacts. But those are never coming back, as manufacturers aren't willing to devote space to physical buttons. Even the capacitive, virtual buttons, will soon disappear in favor of gesturing.

My phone does have a small, red, flash, however, for incoming texts, calls, etc., and I like that.

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

i ordered it and it came today- no time to set it up till the weekend though..Have had Tracfone for over a decade and no problems...

I had a samsng SkyPro 7 but needed more memory- I obuth a Moto G6 with 32 GB in June, but I really dont like it- so I got this one

I have a question  about Transfer Wizard..i forget how to use it..Can my old phone transfer to the new one after I set up the new one, or do I need to run Transfer Wizard BEFORE I activate the new one?