Frequent Contributor

Re: Tracfone Samsung Galaxy A10e (32GB) $99.99

[ Edited ]

I also saw that Tracfone and decided not to buy it due to the lower camera 8MP as I take alot of pictures. The camera I have now is 12MP.   I'm hoping the Q puts a really nice one for a TSV here in the coming months like they sometimes do.

Trusted Contributor

@wingnut wrote:

@Stargazer77 wrote:

The other channel has a Today's Special presale on a Tracfone Samsung Galaxy A10e for $99.99.  It's 32GB, which is a step up from the usual 16GB phones offered.  It comes with 1500 minutes/texts/data and 1 year of service.  The screen is 5.83".  This seems like a good choice for those who are looking for a larger phone (both in size and GB).  If anyone buys it I'd love to hear a review.  

What's the "other" channel?  HSN or ShopHQ?

@wingnut HSN

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@software wrote:

That's a really good price.   I have a Galaxy SkyPro 7.   I'm ready to upgrade, I've had it a few years & need a battery (2nd new battery).    A battery cost almost as much as a phone!

I swore I'd never buy another 16gb phone.   Even using a SD card, I still can't download the apps I like.   And I'm ready for a bigger screen.   

I use my phone like a computer more than a phone.   

I like to look up news, weather, Facebook, and I want my bank app loaded so I can check my balance anytime.  I also have one slot game downloaded.

The A10e on the Tracfone site is $159

On the Tracfone site there's a review that the front facing camera is not 5mp, but 3mp   That would be the selfie camera, which I rarely use.

@software 

Samsung will bring a new flagship phones to market in February. It will be called the Samsung galaxy S20 regular, plus and ultra.

The current Samsung flagship phone is the S10.

The price on this series is being disconnected. 

Samsung has a mid range price phone line the A series. There are two higher quality  phones in this group the popular A20 and the A50. 

The Samsung Galaxy  A10e may be a very nice phone for  calls and text messages, but the camera is just average. 

Samsung, LG, Moto, or Apple may make a product that meets your needs; more storage, a better camera, and still run on the Tracfone network. 

Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@software wrote:

That's a really good price.   I have a Galaxy SkyPro 7.   I'm ready to upgrade, I've had it a few years & need a battery (2nd new battery).    A battery cost almost as much as a phone!

I swore I'd never buy another 16gb phone.   Even using a SD card, I still can't download the apps I like.   And I'm ready for a bigger screen.   

I use my phone like a computer more than a phone.   

I like to look up news, weather, Facebook, and I want my bank app loaded so I can check my balance anytime.  I also have one slot game downloaded.

The A10e on the Tracfone site is $159

On the Tracfone site there's a review that the front facing camera is not 5mp, but 3mp   That would be the selfie camera, which I rarely use.

@software 

Samsung will bring a new flagship phones to market in February. It will be called the Samsung galaxy S20 regular, plus and ultra.

The current Samsung flagship phone is the S10.

The price on this series is being disconnected. 

Samsung has a mid range price phone line the A series. There are two higher quality  phones in this group the popular A20 and the A50. 

The Samsung Galaxy  A10e may be a very nice phone for  calls and text messages, but the camera is just average. 

Samsung, LG, Moto, or Apple may make a product that meets your needs; more storage, a better camera, and still run on the Tracfone network. 

@Nuttmeg, hi Nutmeg3, you give such good advice, are you saying this phone isn't that great? I am not a phone person, I have a Tracfone really just for emergency. I carry the Samsung Galaxy Sky on me, I have the LG Sunset for the house for times the landline phone goes down (thank you Spectrum). I was thinking about replacing my phones, I was wondering if my two models are going to be obsolete, I will have to upgrade. Really as much as I use my phone I'm happy with what I have, just refilling my account when I need to (I still get triple minutes, texts, and data).

Trusted Contributor

@Stargazer77 wrote:

The other channel has a Today's Special presale on a Tracfone Samsung Galaxy A10e for $99.99.  It's 32GB, which is a step up from the usual 16GB phones offered.  It comes with 1500 minutes/texts/data and 1 year of service.  The screen is 5.83".  This seems like a good choice for those who are looking for a larger phone (both in size and GB).  If anyone buys it I'd love to hear a review.  

You mean Home Shopping Network?  I will check it out.  The 10 is supposed to be one of best, although I do love my MOTO.  thanx.....

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hopefully Nutmeg will get back with answers to Jordan's questions but I wanted to get in on this conversation. I'm not a tech expert or anything even close (in fact quite the opposite), but you can learn a lot by typing the model of the phone you want more info on into Youtube. For example, here's a link to a comparison of the A10e, the A20, and the A50.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzM8_qGamTk

As you watch, keep in mind the price comparison as well. On the Straight Talk website the A10e is $99.99, the A20 is $179.99 and the A50 is $299.99. And that is without any minutes, text, data or the year's worth of service you get when purchasing from HSN.

As for the S20 line, I'm not positive what Nutmeg meant by the price is being disconnected but my guess is that was a typo and she meant it's still being discussed since the phones aren't out yet. However, there is discussion online and what I've read is that the Samsung S20 Ultra will be starting at $1000+. And again, with no service time, etc.

My opinion, for what it's worth (and that's very little when it comes to tech!) is that for $99 with the year's worth of service and the data package the A10e on HSN is an excellent deal--especially being 32GB.

@Jordan2 , I don't believe either of the phones you mentioned are going to be obsolete but you're likely still running Android 5.0 on your Sunset, and 6.0 on your Sky, when the current version is now 10. That seems like a risk to me, but as I said, I'm no expert. The A10e is running Android 9.0 but it's possible to upgrade it to 10. 

Here's what I'm looking at--the price. I'm going to need to buy more airtime in March so I added what it would cost to buy just the data package of the A10e

1500 minutes of talk time - $30

1500 texts                         -$7.50

1.5 GB data                       -$15

1 year of service                -$49

Total                                   $101.50

I figure the A10e,with tax and the electronic waste fee they charge in CA, it would probably come to around $115 total meaning the cost of the phone would be around $13.50.

Imo, that's not a bad deal.

Also, someone mentioned the front facing camera on the A10e is actually a 3mp rather a 5mp as stated in the specs. Everything (other than the 1 person who mentioned it in a review) says it's 5mp. Another thing to remember is that mps aren't always the final say in a camera's performance. Much depends on the lens and sensor as well. The link I provided shows pics taken with 3 different models so you can get an idea as to its quality. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SusieQ_2 

@Jordan2

I agree with you Susie Q. Jordan two phones have old versions of Android. The LG Android 5 and the Samsung Android 6.0.

She told us about a family emergency she had last week. It may not be the best time to buy a phone. 

Her phones will be fine for now. 

Samsung is bringing the Galaxy 20  series to market in early February. The current Samsung S10 series are down below the 1K price point. Samsung com offer discounts and so will the wireless companies to clear inventory. 

My Note 5 is old running Android 7.0. I probably will buy a Note 10+ in June. Samsung had some nice sales last year moving inventory 

Esteemed Contributor

@SusieQ_2

Some folks complain about Straight Talk. There are many discounts cell phone providers. Stetson Doggett is a YouTuber who helps people find a cheap cell phone plan. 

Trusted Contributor

@Nuttmeg Thanks for mentioning Jordan's family issues, I only pop in here every so often and didn't know.

@Jordan2 I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's health issues.  I'm so sad for you and your family.  Sending you hugs from across the river.  It might be better to hold off on the phone thing for now.  A phrase that I still have to myself of, even after all this time, is...there's always another sale!  There will be something else down the line and even if your phones are on the expiration list you would have until the end of the year to get your ducks in a row.

I have/had both your phones, actually.  The Sunset was my backup phone.  After losing cell service due to Hurricane Sandy, I decided I wanted two phones, one with Verizon, one with AT&T.  I replaced my Sunset with an LG Fiesta 2 (hard to get AT&T smartphones with Tracfone) and last month I replaced my Galaxy Sky with the Samsung J7 Crown.

You take good care of yourself and keep us posted about your mom.  Heart 

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

too bad the camera isn't as good as the J7.   I would like the bigger internal memory.  What I may do is keep the old phone around - it will still work with WIFI to take photos (in my home) and get the new one which will handle phone calls.