Frequent Contributor

I have a tracfone for about a year or so and I really like it. I have my email on there. I do not have a google account or gmail I have another provider. I recently changed my email password so Since my email is synced I had to change the password on my travfone as well but when I tried that it said wrong info. I tried it a few more times but no luck so I deleted my email from the phone and tried to add it again but this time I received a message saying cannot verify the certificate of server. I then put my husbands email on my phone and it worked (we have the same provider). Does anybody know why I can't put my email back on my phone? What does that message mean?

Thank you.

Respected Contributor

Hi @Squirt60   I'm just guessing here. I use Outlook which requires frequent updates or it does goofy, annoying things. When you say "add it again" I am assuming you mean downloading the newest version from the Google Play Store. Whenever I get one of those certificate messages on phone or computer it usually ends up I'm using an outdated version of an app -- the certificate has expired.

Honored Contributor

I'd recommend rebooting the phone and trying again. Rebooting solves a lot of issues. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I would TRY IT AGAIN

I just changed my password this morning.     Go to Tracfone's website and follow the directions.   (I admit.....it took me a couple of tries.)   

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tracfone Question

[ Edited ]

@Squirt60 

I agree with @PickyPicky3. You should get a Gmail account and begin using the Google Play store.

This maybe the problem. Your apps need to be 

Updated. 

You can find directions on how to set up your account with a Google search. It is easy to start on computer. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Tracfone Question

[ Edited ]

hi @Nuttmeg   No, I said @Squirt60 should download the newest version of the e-mail program SHE uses from the Google Play Store. That's where you find apps on an android phone. You don't need a GMail account to use the Play Store.

Update: But thanks for reminding me. Just checked in the Google Play Store and as usual there's an Outlook update.

Esteemed Contributor

@PickyPicky3

I added to your ncomments and that happens sometimes.

The OP needs to get an Gmail account. 

The security features are well worth the time to set up the account. Many alerts come as notifications. 

Please check the review for the Outlook app, Is it considered safe. I use basic security software and a VPN on my phone and tablet. 

I treat  Android security the same as Window security. Your identity has to be safe.