Super Contributor

Tracfone Promised Delivery Before Christmas~ Received Email ~

It ain't happening........ anyone else?   Received a 10.00 credit to my account to

go towards my next purchase.

And a 10.00 printable Gift Certificate to give to family member.

Nice to know in advance.  I appreciate the heads up and the Credits.

Regular Contributor

Re: Tracfone Promised Delivery Before Christmas~ Received Email ~

I received mine on Friday Dec 23rd as promised.

Contributor

My order status shows my Trafone has been 20 miles from me for the past 12 hours. I guess it's safe to say it's not coming today.  Delivery date was promised for yesterday. 

Respected Contributor

@Full of it wrote:

My order status shows my Trafone has been 20 miles from me for the past 12 hours. I guess it's safe to say it's not coming today.  Delivery date was promised for yesterday. 

Never buy last minute if you you must have it on time. 

Super Contributor

Not a deal breaker for us...... but it probably was one of the reasons we ordered

AS IT WAS   an Advertised Promised Delivery......

My guess...... A Sales Tactic to boost sales. 

@glb613 wrote:

@Full of it wrote:

Never buy last minute if you you must have it on time. 

Contributor

It is for me, not a gift!  

Respected Contributor

@Full of it wrote:

It is for me, not a gift!  

What does that have to do with it?  Never buy last minute online if you need it by a certain date. 

Honored Contributor

Fed Ex and UPS are swamped at this time of year and "normal" delivery times are impossible to maintain. The volume of packages they deal with right before Christmas is astounding. There's maybe one week a year where they can't handle the volume of packages that are shipped, and truthfully they'd likely have to double the size/capacity and staffing of their facilities which would then be lying vacant for the other 51 weeks of the year. They'd also likely have to double the number of delivery vehicles/drivers.

A year or two ago Fed Ex rented out most of the U-Haul trucks in the area to assist with their holiday deliveries, but that wasn't an ideal situation and I'm not sure if they've repeated that.

People get upset, and rightfully so when a promise isn't kept, but the reality is that the demand for deliveries outstrips the ability of the delivery companies to provide the service. Those companies can't scale up beyond a certain amount due to the costs involved and the lack of demand the other 51 weeks of the year.

It's just a no win situation for all involved. Fed-Ex and UPS can't afford to double the size of their facilities when that extra space is needed just one week a year. They do hire extra workers and run 24/7 to try and keep up, but there's a limit to what they can do. They rent extra vehicles and hire temporary help, but there are just so many hours in a day and way, way more packages than there's time to move in a timely fashion.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!