Respected Contributor

Re: Tracfone Motorola Moto G Power 6.4" HD Smartphone with Talk/Text/Data

@Nuttmeg  I totally agree with you. I always check the zip code, reviews, YouTube, watch the presentations and try to see a tutorial and manual online whenever possible. By doing this I have always been satisfied with the Tracfones I have ordered. Good advice to follow. Nothing worse than paying so much shipping to return.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

There is a good review on the Motorola G Power Tracfone

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I won't be getting a new phone before August/September, but in a quick look around at what's new, the Samsung Galaxy A51 is pretty impressive. It's a bit pricier than many but has a 6.5" super amoled screen, a 48 mp quad cam, and 128 gbs of built-in storage. It's retailing at $220, but it will definitely be a contender when I start looking for a new phone. I love the idea of 128 gb of built-in memory.  Samsung has a variant of the A51 that also has 5G that could find its way to Tracfone come the fall.

It'll be interesting to see how LG and Motorola respond to that phone. Will they start offering phones with upgraded memory? We'll have to see. If I was buying right now, the A51 might be my choice. Getting 128 gbs of memory is pretty nice. Not a lot of reviews posted on it just yet, but Samsung phones tend to be pretty good.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@gardenman

LOL, you are moving closer to a Verizon data plan. 

This was a popular mid-priced phone which sold well on VZW. Samsung has recently brought the A-52 5G to market. 

Last year, Samsung increased the Android upgrades and the number of security patches on some A series and all flagship phones by one year.  I am able to keep a phone running longer, and help the planet. 

You should be able to find customer reviews on Verizon, and Best Buy. The comments are mixed, because people don't understand how this phone should run.

Reddit should have  info about the A51. This phone is recommended often. 

Tracfone is moving folks closer to 5G by  bringing better products to market. 

Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg 

The Verizon unlimited data plans aren't that bad if they give you unlimited tethering. Their "Start Unlimited" plan for a single line is $70 a month. I haven't dug down into all of the fine print on it, but typically there's a limit to how much data you can move tethered at 5G speeds. (Fifteen gigs it turns out after poking around their site a bit then they throttle you back to 600 kbps. That's where things fall apart. The 600 kbps is pretty slow by modern standards.) If they take away that drop to 600 kbps it would make sense to go all wireless. With that drop, it makes more sense to stick with a wired connection. At least for now.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Received my Motorola G Power yesterday. It is beautiful cell phone and nice clarity but for a few reasons I am sending it back. It was exactly the same size as what I have and I do not like not having an easy way back to the Home Screen and some of the gestures. Otherwise easy to get around Apps etc. and set up. I did Not transfer my number or contacts etc. so all I had to do is set back to factory settings after I signed out of my Gmail account. You can explore the phone without doing anything but adding a Gmail account and opening up your internet first. I just signed out of both. Glad I hadn't transferred all my info.

I will see what LG comes out with next or buy an iPhone when I get my stimulus check. Never got the second one yet.

Honored Contributor

Just an FYI, getting to the home screen using gestures in Android 10 is pretty simple. You just swipe up from the bottom and it should take you right to the home screen. If you're not using the gestures (and you can turn them on or off in the menu) you just tap the round button in the middle of the bottom of the screen to go to your home screen. If you don't like gesture control, you can turn it off and use the older methods of controlling your phone. They're still there in Android 10. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Sorry to highjack this thread, but i have a tracfone ,not one speaking of,i keep running out of minutes,then have no service, have to get on computer ,and buy minutes, when i lose it i am of course talking to a person,  what can i do ,to not have this problem,hope i was clear about this.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

@MKR14 wrote:

Received my Motorola G Power yesterday. It is beautiful cell phone and nice clarity but for a few reasons I am sending it back. It was exactly the same size as what I have and I do not like not having an easy way back to the Home Screen and some of the gestures. Otherwise easy to get around Apps etc. and set up. I did Not transfer my number or contacts etc. so all I had to do is set back to factory settings after I signed out of my Gmail account. You can explore the phone without doing anything but adding a Gmail account and opening up your internet first. I just signed out of both. Glad I hadn't transferred all my info.

I will see what LG comes out with next or buy an iPhone when I get my stimulus check. Never got the second one yet.

@MKR14 

It's such a good phone, think about giving it more of a chance. As I mentioned in my 3/7 post, you can change the settings to the old 3-button navigation that has the Home button.

Settings
System
Gestures
System navigation
Select 3-button navigation

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Sorry to highjack this thread, but i have a tracfone ,not one speaking of,i keep running out of minutes,then have no service, have to get on computer ,and buy minutes, when i lose it i am of course talking to a person,  what can i do ,to not have this problem,hope i was clear about this.

@goldensrbest

Tracfone now offers a Pre-Paid  monthly plan. Look for information about this online at the company site.