Contributor

Re: Tracfone Minutes Purchase

you can do it with your phone if you have the tracfone app. it will automatically update to triple minutes. same if you order more data online. Tracfone knows your phone is triple minutes autimatically.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LisaMofSLC

My wife has a prepaid program with Sprint has is Unlimited Talk/Text and 1 or 2gb of Data. She has yet to use over the 500mb on Data. With all the wi-fi available, which does not use data, I would think most would have access to wi-fi and if so, 1gb of monthly data is more than enough?

She pays $35 per month for her Sprint prepaid monthly plan. You might want to look into that plan, it is a lot cheaper than your $60 per month.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Lol forget the 2 gig/$30 card. Because they now have a 1 gig/$10 card, so you can now get 2 gigs for $20. I've seen them at Walmart, along with the 1000 texts for $5, down from $10.

What worries you masters you.
Valued Contributor

@LisaMofSLC wrote:

How do people get by with such limited minutes? I love some of the showing on HSN and HSN2, but when I saw how many minutes you get, it didn't seem enough. I talk to my out of state mom minimum 120 each weekend. That's 480 a month. I found a 450 minute card costs $80. My current phone is $60 with unlimited weekend minutes. How is this a viable alternative? How do you survive with limited minutes? Am I missing something?

The 450-minute card would actually give you 1350 minutes, unless the Tracfone is an old model. Most, if not all,  newer models triple the minutes.

Regardless, Tracfone is not an optimal choice for heavy users.

Honored Contributor

@hckynut   John, let me tell you my Tracfone tale of woe.  Couldn't use the new Sunset phone I got at HSN...never made or received a single call.  Don't know if my roll-over minutes or new minutes were added.  I was locked out of the phone and their CSR couldn't fix it.  So she said she'd send me a new phone.  Sent the Sunset back to them FedEx.  

Eventually the "new phone" arrives after another phone call. Open the box and guess what?  It's an old used phone similar to the one I'm replacing.  I am fit to be tied.  What kind of Mickey Mouse company is this?  I intend to return it and will either reactivate my old phone or do without.

That's how our hard-earned money goes.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@LisaMofSLC wrote:

How do people get by with such limited minutes? I love some of the showing on HSN and HSN2, but when I saw how many minutes you get, it didn't seem enough. I talk to my out of state mom minimum 120 each weekend. That's 480 a month. I found a 450 minute card costs $80. My current phone is $60 with unlimited weekend minutes. How is this a viable alternative? How do you survive with limited minutes? Am I missing something?

Hi to you @LisaMofSLC,

I have used TracFone for 10 years now. It is the perfect plan for me because I do all my talking face to face or on our landline phone. My sister lives only a few miles from our home, so talking either way is easy, and cheap.

My present Tracfone has 4,000+ minutes/texts and data on it, and doesn't expire until August of 2017. Per month cost? Less than $6.00 per month.

My wife has a prepaid plan with Boost Mobile. Unlimited Talk/Unlimited Text and 1gb of Data that she has yet to exceed? Her plan costs her $25 per month + some tax, but well under $30. Yours is $60 and only Unlimited on Weekends.

All the shows you said you watch are not all for TracFone. Many are Sprint and also Boost Mobile. Might check those shows out if you want to cut your $60 a month in half. Or less.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Regular Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@hckynut   John, let me tell you my Tracfone tale of woe.  Couldn't use the new Sunset phone I got at HSN...never made or received a single call.  Don't know if my roll-over minutes or new minutes were added.  I was locked out of the phone and their CSR couldn't fix it.  So she said she'd send me a new phone.  Sent the Sunset back to them FedEx.  

Eventually the "new phone" arrives after another phone call. Open the box and guess what?  It's an old used phone similar to the one I'm replacing.  I am fit to be tied.  What kind of Mickey Mouse company is this?  I intend to return it and will either reactivate my old phone or do without.

@Kachina624 wrote:

We've had good luck with Tracfone in the past but the new LG Premier is a DISASTER.  Their attitudes when you call them stink. The phone is unreliable.  My husband said next time it's iPhone. All his friends have one and love it.