Trusted Contributor

Tracfone LG Sunset - adding another home screen?

[ Edited ]

I need to add a 4th home screen because I've run out of room with all my apps.  I used to hover my icon toward the edge of the screen and a plus sign would show up so I could add another screen, but that's not happening on this phone.  Is it something different in Lollipop compared to previous OS's?  Anyone know how to add another screen?

I bluetoothed my contacts from my current phone (Ultimate 2) to the Sunset.  It was different.  I could select all to export them from the Ultimate 2, but I couldn't figure out how to select all on the Sunset to add all the contacts in one swoop.  I added them to the phone individually.  It was a pain, but it was better than physically typing out each contact again.  Anyone know where my mistake was and how you can open all the contacts at once on the Sunset?

The Sunset is a nice phone.  It's very sleek.  I haven't activated it yet.  I talked about this in a previous post, but this will be my secondary phone.  My primary phone is the Ultimate 2 because I like the blinking LED light to tell me who's texting me.  It's kind of a silly feature I guess, but I would really miss it, so that's why I decided to make the Sunset my secondary phone and keep the Ultimate 2 as my primary phone.  

My current secondary phone is the Samsung S390G (looks like a Blackberry) and I like having one phone on Verizon and one phone on AT&T.  During Hurricane Sandy, I did not have cell service with AT&T (my sister was fine with Verizon) and after that I started thinking that having 2 phones might be a good thing to cover my bases...and also to give out my secondary phone number to people who I don't really want to have my phone number.

I hope everyone is starting to receive their new Sunsets now and activation will go smoothly for all!  Smiley Happy

Edit:  A-HA!  I FIGURED IT OUT!  You have to pinch the screen and the plus sign will come up to add another screen.  Yippee!

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Respected Contributor

Re: Tracfone LG Sunset - adding another home screen?

@Stargazer77, Hello, good for you in figuring it out.   Now how do I delete an app. from my Ultimate 2.

Can you help me?

Trusted Contributor

@Big Sister Press and hold the app you want to delete.  You'll see on the top of the screen where it says app info or remove.  Drag the icon up to remove and that will delete your shortcut.

If you want to uninstall your app completely (if it came as a default with the phone you will not be able to uninstall, only delete the shortcut), go into settings, click apps, find the app you want to uninstall and click uninstall.  

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Respected Contributor

@Stargazer77, thank you so much for the info.  I really appreciate it and will follow your instructions.  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

I have owned other Trac Fones but this sunset is my first Android phone..i love it!

I have a question..

i synced  google  to my google e-mail account.

Whenever i use google on my computer. and click delete history.it lists all my phone turning on.etc,,

I have problems keeping everything deleted off the computer..i finally clicked   each entry to delete but it comes back!!

I tried setting my google on the pnone not to synic..

Anyone else having this problem???

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."