Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tracfone Galaxy Grand Prime TSV

@ptbaker, Even if you haven't downloaded any apps, your smartphone came pre-loaded with many apps.

Some are necessary to security and basic operations.

Others are commonly used apps, loaded as a convenience so you don't have to find each one on Play Store and download it yourself.

A few are redundant, inferior, and unnecessary and can be disabled.

In your device's settings, tap Application Manager. Swipe right-to-left and scroll up and down in each category. Its good to get to know the apps in your phone.

From Home screen, tap App Drawer (square dots bottom right corner ) tap Play Store, tap menu (horizontal lines upper left corner) scroll down, tap Play Store's settings. Tap General: Auto update apps, select DO NOT auto update.

Scroll down to Notifications, check both boxes. 

Your device will now notify you when app updates are pending.

When you receive a notification go to the Play Store, tap the menu in the upper-left corner, tap My Apps, find the app with the pending update, tap app to read more about the pending update. Decide whether or not you want the update. You are not obligated to download an update you don't want.

Bear in mind some updates may be useless to you. Such as an update that now allows you to have your texts read out loud in three more languages that you don't understand.

And every update will occupy more space in your phone leaving less available space for apps you do want and will use in the future.

As you go through the apps in your app drawer look for the word 'More', or horizontal lines indicating a menu, or the word 'Settings ' or the image of a gear. These all lead to information, and possibly setting choices.

Settings on your device and in each app will effect drain on battery.

Contributor

Re: Tracfone Galaxy Grand Prime TSV

Hedge, thank you so much for taking your time to write all this down for me! I know it was time consuming. I will make my notes on this, so I can learn more about my phone. I hope you keep monitering this part of the forum, because honestly, I didn't think I was going to find anyone that could help me. I really appreciate your help. It is going to be a big help to me.