Respected Contributor

Tracfone Galaxy Grand Prime TSV

On June 22 (but available to order now), the Q is having a Tracfone TSV--the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime.  5.0 Lollipop, 5 in. screen, and I believe 4G LTE service.  I have read it will run on Verizon prepaid towers.

http://www.qvc.com/Samsung-Galaxy-TracFone-5-Smartphone-w-1350-

Trusted Contributor

Re: Tracfone Galaxy Grand Prime TSV

I would like to know if that home button lights up like the Ultimate 2's does.  That's my favorite feature!

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

On June 22 (but available to order now), the Q is having a Tracfone TSV--the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime.  5.0 Lollipop, 5 in. screen, and I believe 4G LTE service.  I have read it will run on Verizon prepaid towers.

@Ainhisg

I don't see a question here, so I will not attempt to answer. I will ask you a question. Have you used Google or any other search engine to see if there are any reviews of this phone out there?

hnj

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynut wrote:

@Ainhisg wrote:

@Ainhisg

I don't see a question here, so I will not attempt to answer. I will ask you a question. Have you used Google or any other search engine to see if there are any reviews of this phone out there?

hnj

I wasn't asking a question. I was just giving information and the link to an upcoming TSV. I have actually read many reviews on this phone, as a few weeks ago, I was trying to decide whether to purchase the ZTE Zmax 2 from HSN or wait for this one to appear.

Esteemed Contributor

@Stargazer77 wrote:

I would like to know if that home button lights up like the Ultimate 2's does.  That's my favorite feature!

I would say no. This is a YouTube video about this phone. http://community.qvc.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/21/message-id/33836

Regular Contributor

• Does  this phone have WIFI? 
Respected Contributor

@pggoody wrote:
  • Does  this phone have WIFI? 

yes

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Stargazer77 wrote:

@Stargazer77...From what I can tell, it does not have an LED notification light. There are apps that make the camera LED flash work as a notification light (like Flash Alerts 2), but this might also have a built-in option on the phone (look under Settings>Accessibility​ for a Flash Notification setting).  I had previously ordered the LG Treasure from HSN but received a defective phone and had to return it.  It did have flash notification in the settings, but when I tried it, you couldn't see the flash since the phone was face up and the flash was flashing under the phone.

I ended up ordering the ZTE Zmax 2 from HSN and couldn't be happier.  The home button lights up when I have a notification, and you only swipe one way to answer it, and it answers every single time.  It is only $20 more, has 5 flex pays, has a bigger screen, twice the internal storage, and more RAM.  The front camera is not as good as this Samsung, but that is not a deal breaker for me.  The ZTE Zmax 2 uses AT&T prepaid towers, so if you don't get good AT&T reception, the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime might be a better option since it uses Verizon prepaid towers.

You can read reviews on both these phones at Best Buy.  It doesn't matter which carrier shows (T-Mobile, Straight Talk, etc.), because the phone is the same.  Some carriers do still have the first version of the Grand Prime, but you will know if you're reading reviews on it, because it will state the OS is 4.4.

Valued Contributor

Does anyone know if this phone is locked or unlocked? No info avail on phone description.

Thanks for your help.

Respected Contributor

@shoptheQ wrote:

Does anyone know if this phone is locked or unlocked? No info avail on phone description.

Thanks for your help.