Trusted Contributor

Tracfone Android phone users - did you install antivirus/internet security?

I received my LG Optimus Dynamic 2 and transferred everything over from my LG 840G. I added a few apps like CNN, TMZ and Firefox. I was wondering if I should add an antivirus or internet security program. Has anyone added something to their Tracfone Android phone? Which program did you install?

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tracfone Android phone users - did you install antivirus/internet security?

I use Norton free mobile security on my smartphone and tablets.
Super Contributor

I downloaded avast! Mobile Security based on google play store reviews. It is perfect - does regular security checks and checks every new app that I download before installation. It's FREE!

Trusted Contributor

Thank you both for your suggestions. I use Avast on my home computers and when I had a Samsung tablet I also used Avast on that, so that's the one I chose. But I think I'll look into the Norton app and see how it is.

nutmeg...enjoy this beautiful Jersey weekend! Wink

Esteemed Contributor

On 5/31/2014 Stargazer77 said:

Thank you both for your suggestions. I use Avast on my home computers and when I had a Samsung tablet I also used Avast on that, so that's the one I chose. But I think I'll look into the Norton app and see how it is.

nutmeg...enjoy this beautiful Jersey weekend! Wink

Thank You. I will.

Respected Contributor

I may be the biggest idiot alive, but I cannot get my Tracfone that was the TSB registered. I called the 1-800 number when I first received the phone and left a message. Unfortunately, I had to leave town and if they tried calling I didn't get it. Today, I called again and after an infuriating message system requiring all sorts of answers and numbers that I had no idea what they were referring to, I finally got a real person. She then asked for a # which was supposed to be seen by pressing something on the phone, I could never see what that spot was or checking the battery. I couldn't get the phone apart to look at the battery! I told her I was so exasperated I was sending the phone back.

So, I'm keeping my old Tracfone which is ok with me.

Trusted Contributor

On 5/31/2014 di-mc said:

I may be the biggest idiot alive, but I cannot get my Tracfone that was the TSB registered. I called the 1-800 number when I first received the phone and left a message. Unfortunately, I had to leave town and if they tried calling I didn't get it. Today, I called again and after an infuriating message system requiring all sorts of answers and numbers that I had no idea what they were referring to, I finally got a real person. She then asked for a # which was supposed to be seen by pressing something on the phone, I could never see what that spot was or checking the battery. I couldn't get the phone apart to look at the battery! I told her I was so exasperated I was sending the phone back.

I'm sorry you had such issues. So far I'm really enjoying my new LG Android phone, but today the touch screen froze and I had to take the battery out to "reset" it. It was frustrating and I hope it'll be a one time thing and everything will work well in the future.

I've had good luck using the live chat feature on the website. I also don't like calling if I can help it. The live chat is featured under the support tab on Tracfone's webpage. Click on contact us via email and there's a little live chat icon in the upper right. It's kind of hidden. I know you're getting settled in with your old phone, but in case you need to chat with them again in the future, check out the live chat feature.

I bought an LG 800 a few weeks ago as a backup phone for people who I really don't want to give my phone number to. It was a good deal, but I really didn't like the phone and the service kept going in and out. I did a live chat and asked them to send me a SIM card so I could switch back to my old Samsung S390G, which I really liked. I did another live chat when the SIM card came and I'm up and running with the good deal on a phone that I like.

Honored Contributor

On 5/31/2014 di-mc said:

I ordered the Tracfone Optimus Dynamic II from HSN (much better deal than QVC) for my DH and myself. We got them a few days ago and just did the activation online - transferred all our existing minutes and service without a hitch. I'm not sure why you needed to call a 1-800 number? The phones always come with a red card that has the serial number on it and that's what you need to activate it. The online system walks you right through it and they've improved it immensely. We had no need to call anyone.

Honored Contributor

On 5/31/2014 namaste000 said:

I downloaded avast! Mobile Security based on google play store reviews. It is perfect - does regular security checks and checks every new app that I download before installation. It's FREE!

That's a great recommendation. Thanks!