Honored Contributor

TracFone E231210 - IS THIS A GOOD DEAL?

I guess I'm still annoyed I missed the "triple minutes for life" feature, so I look at the TracFone specials, can't tell if it's really a good deal, and then just pass on it.  Not making any progress here.

Since I have yet to actually purchase a smart phone, any phone is my "starter" smart phone, maybe it really doesn't matter.   

I've looked at the features on this one .....  and have no idea if this is any better than any other TracFone.

What's your take ....  or suggestions ....  on my dilemma?

Honored Contributor

Re: TracFone E231210 - IS THIS A GOOD DEAL?

If you need a new phone it's not a bad deal with the 1500 mins. You would pay more then that just for the mins.

It has Marshmallow OS. Nougat came out after that. Oreo was just released Aug 21st.

Tracfone says they don't do triple mins anymore not even on my triple min phone. They changed how they priced their cards. Check out their site. For the price you still end up with triple mins or maybe a little more for the money. They just don't call it free triple mins for life.

Everyone that has a Smartphone fromTracfone actually gets them when you add more airtime.

Tracfone made this move to keep people from buying a new phone each year for the mins. The mins now come loaded on the phone when you buy it. You cannot put the mins on another Tracfone.

If you buy one check out the reviews. One stated that the gold case is sharp so you may want one of the plain colors.

Occasional Contributor

I have had tracfones for years, i think you would be very happy with this as your first phone. It has 16 gb and if thats not enough storage you can add an sd card. Plenty of space for your apps. the lack of triple min is not that big of a deal look at their web site . for $99.a triple min 1 yr card gets you 1200 min the smart phone 1 yr card gets you 1500 min for around $120. about the same deal . and if you find out you love texting more than talking you can get 1000 texts for $5. I say for $89. go for it have some fun! if your like me and not a heavy user you will have min left over and you can either get a new card and roll them over or maybe get a new phone and roll them over .buy the phone have some fun with it !!!!    hope this helps you.

Esteemed Contributor

When I purchased more airtime I found that the number of minutes offered for the money was EXACTLY the number of minutes for the money that was printed on the original box with 'triple minutes' on it.

You lose nothing.  Just called by a different name!

Trusted Contributor

Is this the QVC big deal? I'm wondering because on QVC2 at 9 I see it's a Samsung Tracfone and think at 9 is when they have their big deal.  

Trusted Contributor

@Tadaki wrote:

Is this the QVC big deal? I'm wondering because on QVC2 at 9 I see it's a Samsung Tracfone and think at 9 is when they have their big deal.  

Duh . . . never mind.  I see that it is.  Didn't realize they posted it early.