Respected Contributor

Re: Trac phone rep gulps when a real question is asked

I must agree with the OP in this case, because I purchased a tracfone based on the truthfulness of the host and person explaining the item on public tv.

In all actuality many tracfone options promised during the televised presentation were not really easily accessed, and one was not an option at all.

The tracfone rep advised option promised does not work on phone I purchased. That was not a pleasant consumer experience.

The whole point of shopping with shop at home networks is being able to depend on their professional informative knowledgeable expertise to properly answer any simple QVC consumer questions which arise, when an idem is being demonstrated or advertised on public tv or elsewhere.

That QVC customer asked a very legitimate question which was intentionally not addressed.

We purchase without actually seeing in person an item for ourselves so as QVC members we totally rely on the QVC vendor's and hosts, to expertly explain and address, any concerns when asked by QVC consumers on live tv....too bad this type of problem is never properly addressed on air.

If the item is misrepresented as evidenced above relative to the posted replies, then the QVC consumer returns the item since it does not perform as publicly advertised........what a waste of time and money.

Regular Contributor

On 8/6/2014 adoreqvc said:

I must agree with the OP in this case, because I purchased a tracfone based on the truthfulness of the host and person explaining the item on public tv.

In all actuality many tracfone options promised during the televised presentation were not really easily accessed, and one was not an option at all.

The tracfone rep advised option promised does not work on phone I purchased. That was not a pleasant consumer experience.

The whole point of shopping with shop at home networks is being able to depend on their professional informative knowledgeable expertise to properly answer any simple QVC consumer questions which arise, when an idem is being demonstrated or advertised on public tv or elsewhere.

That QVC customer asked a very legitimate question which was intentionally not addressed.

We purchase without actually seeing in person an item for ourselves so as QVC members we totally rely on the QVC vendor's and hosts, to expertly explain and address, any concerns when asked by QVC consumers on live tv....too bad this type of problem is never properly addressed on air.

If the item is misrepresented as evidenced above relative to the posted replies, then the QVC consumer returns the item since it does not perform as publicly advertised........what a waste of time and money.

Yet there is this thing called google, which it appears that most of the population still hasn't discovered. The other day Kirstin was selling this phone, and she was making it out to be the next coming of Jesus. But she did say that if you are looking for an Iphone type phone, buy an iphone. These phones are what were amazing and cool 14 years ago. It's why they are cheap now. These are the same phones they offer you with ObamaPhone as well. What many people don't get, is that there are Android KitKat phones and even windows and blackberry phones that are true smart phones that you can get on prepaid and pay the same price. But it's the almighty QVC business model....

Super Contributor

This is the problem with shopping at home with tv shopping networks. They take advantage of people who are not educated on products at home, then sell,it like it's the best thing since sliced bread, at unbelievable great prices....with easy pay. Those that are ill informed jump right in and believe everything they say and buy things they don't have any understanding of what they are buying.
Respected Contributor

If you don't do your own research and find the best phone, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Super Contributor

Having not seen this particular segment, I'll ask a question that may seem obtuse here. {#emotions_dlg.huh}This customer posed what seems to be a technical support question, no? So, why would a sales rep be expected to walk through a technical diagnosis with the caller on air?

Even when you call the cable company, the regular CS representatives will transfer you to their tech support because they have no idea how to help you. And honestly, I wouldn't expect the person who tries to upsell my premium channel package to be the same person who diagnoses my connectivity issues. Would you? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

If I've misunderstood the situation here, please forgive me. As I said, I haven't seen the segment.

Trusted Contributor

Somebody must like 'em. I didn't think she had a bad 'tude. Saw her with Rick. I can't figure out why people want to see internet on a cell phone.
Contributor

I canceled mine yesterday because I saw that you have to purchase text minutes separately (I think ) But I didn't have a good feeling...so I canceled..... sorry QVC.....

Honored Contributor

Looks like they didn't like my post and all I did was say something about the OP. Must have been him/her that complained.

Why anyone gets so worked up over a trivial matter like this? Beats me. And my post gets deleted. Hmmm!

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

With many no contract unlimited text/talk/data plans available like straight talk, t-mobile etc, the only people who would be served well by any cellphone service that are based on minutes would be the folks who would pretty much only use the phone for emergencies. Sure, it's cheap up front, but come on...you can get a good plan like I said at the beginning for about $35 - $45 a month.

You get what you pay for, if you want to go cheap, you're going to get cheap.

Super Contributor

Ya get what ya pay for!