Trusted Contributor

These past few weeks, my 2 laptops (that are synched together) have been doing a lot of buffering when I've tried to play videos.  I contacted HughesNet and they said my signal appears to be strong. They sent me a 'booster' to help the situation ($99) but I can't tell any difference.  Strangely enough, my 'Apple Ipad' doesn't seem to have trouble with playing videos.   Are there any brilliant minds out there that can shed light on this buffering issue?  Thanks in advance.

Honored Contributor

Not a brilliant mind here, but do you keep things cleaned out?

I run a cleaner and do a defrag every time there have been updates, or if I've been on any of my bank accounts, etc. 

Super Contributor

@sarahpanda wrote:

These past few weeks, my 2 laptops (that are synched together) have been doing a lot of buffering when I've tried to play videos.  I contacted HughesNet and they said my signal appears to be strong. They sent me a 'booster' to help the situation ($99) but I can't tell any difference.  Strangely enough, my 'Apple Ipad' doesn't seem to have trouble with playing videos.   Are there any brilliant minds out there that can shed light on this buffering issue?  Thanks in advance.

Have you run a speed test?  How many devices are using the internet at the same time?  How far away from the wireless router are your devices?  I have friends with HughesNet and it's a very slow internet service.