Honored Contributor

Tip For Anyone Wanting an LG Tracfone

I bought the LG Premier Pro Plus for DH and myself less than a month ago from HSN.  I paid $99.99 for each, after missing a presentation by host Suzanne Runyan, when it was a TS for $79.99.  She stated that it would "not be offered at this low price for the rest of the year".  When QVC didn't present the LG as a TSV (had a Samsung instead), I went ahead and purchased them.

So two nights ago I was checking HSN's homepage and clicked on their electronics free shipping deal.  And there was the same phone for $79.99, except this time it included a Clikr stand, which mine didn't.

I did a live chat the next morning and said I wanted a refund of the difference, but was told the "new" phone had a different item number.  (Been down that road before with HSN and their pricing games.)

I was adamant that it was the exact same phone with the same bundle; just a different item number.  I was still within the 30 day return period and I said it was misleading the customer to say it wouldn't be offered at that low price again.

End result:  the CS rep said my phone with the original number was now for sale at $119.99, but she would give me a $40 account credit, which I accepted.

If anyone wants this phone at the $79.99 price, it won't show up, if you just go through their menus (they've hidden it since my chat and only the higher priced one shows up).  But the number is 731-750 and that will pull up the phone with the lower price and it's currently free shipping.

Valued Contributor

Re: Tip For Anyone Wanting an LG Tracfone

I just checked there- and they ARE advertising the price with the clickit at $79.99--- that said- have you used yours yet? is it good? I've never seen reviews on this one and am in the market- I don't have a smartphone at all right now- my current tracfone has triple minutes feature- and I'd want that transferred!

Honored Contributor

@sipp wrote:

I just checked there- and they ARE advertising the price with the clickit at $79.99--- that said- have you used yours yet? is it good? I've never seen reviews on this one and am in the market- I don't have a smartphone at all right now- my current tracfone has triple minutes feature- and I'd want that transferred!

You won't get triple minutes on any Tracfone Smartphone these days. That phone was one I'd considered along with the Samsung A20, and the Motorola G7 Optimo Maxx. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the three, I got the Motorola simply because it was on sale at a good price at the time.

If you like a better case for your phones, the LG Premier Pro Plus had a very, very limited number of options available. It's a phone with a very limited distribution and case manufacturers hadn't made cases for it by mid-August. Samsung and Motorola have lots of case options out there, but the LG Premier Pro Plus had very limited options. The case that comes with the phones typically isn't very sound and tends to fracture at the corners in six months or so. If you don't put your phone in a case, it's a fine phone. I likely would have gotten it if the Motorola hadn't gone on sale. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sipp wrote:

@sipp - My DH has transferred to this phone already and he likes it.  I'm still using my existing LG Fiesta 2, but was planning to switch over today (but got sidetracked by some errands); will do it tomorrow.

I have used it to surf the web and take photos, etc. and it's a nice screen and camera.  It is different to the LG Fiesta, so I've taken my time to adjust to it.  DH switched sooner, as the sound on his Fiesta had gone funny.

The bundle I got came with a case, but I don't think the $40 difference (in the other one HSN offers) is worth that difference!  Not for a thin plastic case.

You won't get the triple minutes on any smartphones, but buying extra minutes/texts and data is so reasonable, I don't think it's an issue.  At least not for us.  Go to Tracfone's website and see what they offer to get an idea of the cost.

BTW, Amazon has some really good cases for this phone now.

Valued Contributor

I just recently posted a question on QVC about transferring triple minutes on my phone to a new smart phone- they say they WILL do it. SO who are we to believe? 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was going to order the LG Premier phone you mentioned and It was $79.  last night- it actually showed two pics of the phone when I typed it in and one said $99 and one said $79 same exact phone and w/ clik it- but i was waiting on my HSN card- and went to order tonight-and they refuse to sell it to me at the lower price- I gave the number You showed and as of one day- they wouldn't honor it. Said once the computer changes it they have no control over it- I said- OK if I order it at the $99 price- you have a 30 day guarantee to match price and they said nope! not unless it changes in the next 30 days! ( I used the number you gave and they said it comes up $99. THAT JUST STINKS!

Honored Contributor

The Tracfone prices on the shopping channels vary wildly. I knew I wanted a new phone by the end of September, so I did my research in July and by August first I'd narrowed the field to three options, the LG Premier Pro Plus, Moto 7 Optimo Maxx, and the Samsung A20. Then I just checked the prices each day until one went on sale. The LG was typically $99, the Moto $130, and the Samsung $150. The Moto dropped to $90 in mid-August, so I got that. All three are very good phones so you can't go too far off with any of them. Tracfone Reviews rates the Moto as the best of the lot, and getting it for $90 was a good deal. 

If you keep checking the prices you'll find one of the sellers marking down the phone you want within the next month or two. It's how they do things. Just be ready to buy when it gets marked down, because it'll go up again in price.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

I just got an email from HSN promoting a new LG phone called Reflect. It $149 and measures 6.5". I'm tempted, but can't find any reviews for it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@deeva wrote:

I just got an email from HSN promoting a new LG phone called Reflect. It $149 and measures 6.5". I'm tempted, but can't find any reviews for it. 

@deeva

I found a number of reviews with a Google search and some YouTube videos. 

Valued Contributor

@sipp wrote:

I just recently posted a question on QVC about transferring triple minutes on my phone to a new smart phone- they say they WILL do it. SO who are we to believe? 

---

My mother had triple minutes on her old Tracfone. When she bought a Tracfone smartphone, the triple minutes she already had on her previous phone were transferred to the smartphone. 

The difference, in her case, is that NEW minutes purchased will not be tripled. Seems to me that smartphone minutes are so much cheaper, and you can purchase texts and data separately if you wish, so the actual cost for her is actually less now with the smartphone than before.