OMG...They're cloning Snowbirds!

Regular Contributor

Re: This was my laugh for the day today

That was so not funny!

Respected Contributor

On 2/21/2015 Plaid Pants said:

I think it's a valid question.

Me too. I'm not saying older people can't learn new devices, they can. But what I find is, many blame their age for not trying.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/21/2015 Plaid Pants said:

I think it's a valid question.

absolutely. my mother never ever learned how to work the VCR.

Honored Contributor

I think ""typing with your thumbs"" is equally hysterical..............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

Maybe her granddaughter said it with a smile on her face and a wink? The BF and I got each other new phones and cameras for Christmas and it kept us busy for two days trying to figure them out. We kept saying ""we have to find a 10 year old to help us out""

Respected Contributor

No one is born knowing everything.

I really did not laugh because I found the disrespectful granddaughter's remark of "why do YOU OLD PEOPLE" to be extremely intolerable to my senses.

Somewhere along the way someone taught that spolied rude grandaughter what she needed to learn. She was not born knowing how to use electronics. She learned how to use them.

Someone forgot to teach this granddaughter basic kindness, tolerance, patience, respect for her elders, and acceptable manners.

I find it very rude for any grandchild to ever speak so disrespectfully to their grandparent.

The Grandmother should have replied "if you are lucky perhaps some day you may become old and need some help too, and live as long as I have, but also be very blessed to have a Grandchild who will respect you, and be more than patient in helping you to clearly understand how to use a new item which you are not familiar with".

Perhaps if the Grandparent "forgot how to give gifts and send $", to the disrespectful granddaughter then perhaps she would finally understand the meaning of patience, tolerance, love, respect, and a forgiving attitude..

Some values all children need to learn, and pass on from generation to generation. (Somewhere the Mother of this very spoiled rude granddaughter did not do her job and teach her child to always display respect and tolerance towards her Grandmother, and her elders in general). This would have never been tolerated in my family from any generation, and we had many generations live with us periodically.....Great grandparents, grandparents, parents, and us the siblings.

Respected Contributor

Granddaughter sounds like a little brat.

Frequent Contributor

I wonder if it's possible for QVC to sell a couple cans of "Lighten Up" and have a special TSV on "Humor Repair Therapy" cream. I guess hearing isn't the first thing to go after all, apparently the funny bone just falls right off at a certain point and is replaced with the judgemental knee-jerk joint.
Honored Contributor

I also have two granddaughters. One would never say that to me and one definitely would. My youngest opened one of my closet doors the other day and said...."Grandma this closet is a mess"....you know what....she was right! I cleaned it the next day. Ha! I always know where I stand with that one.

Even my grandsons roll their eyes sometimes after explaining something on the computer to me about 5 times before I get it. I get this kids frustration...but, if I was a betting woman, I bet she loves her Grandma{#emotions_dlg.wub}.