Super Contributor

Re: This was my laugh for the day today

On 2/22/2015 Rabid1 said: I wonder if it's possible for QVC to sell a couple cans of "Lighten Up" and have a special TSV on "Humor Repair Therapy" cream. I guess hearing isn't the first thing to go after all, apparently the funny bone just falls right off at a certain point and is replaced with the judgemental knee-jerk joint.

Now this is totally hilarious! LOL!

Honored Contributor

On 2/22/2015 Perkup said:

Please, everyone, read the OP's post again. The granddaughter didn't say it with a wink and a smile. The OP says she did it with a serious look, etc. Let's not try to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear here. Apparently the girl was intentionally rude. Seems a common problem these days, and it seems everyone wants to make light of it. Not me!

I tend to agree it doesn't sound like it was all in fun.

Look at what the original post says:

"My friend who is a retiree probably late 60's was asking her teenage granddaughter how to do something on her i phone. The granddaughter was not being very patient and my friend wasn't getting it. Finally the child looks totally serious at her and says " Why do you old people buy these devices when you know you'll never figure out how to use them?"

If this is a true representation of the events, it would seem like a good chance to talk about stereotypes and also about courtesy, patience and empathy.

By the way, people can have a sense of humor and disagree about what strikes them as funny... and what doesn't. It's subjective.Smile

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Jubilant, I don't know for sure. We only have one accounting of what Happened. Based on that, that's my opinion.
Honored Contributor

On 2/22/2015 champagnepoodle said:
On 2/22/2015 Rabid1 said: I wonder if it's possible for QVC to sell a couple cans of "Lighten Up" and have a special TSV on "Humor Repair Therapy" cream. I guess hearing isn't the first thing to go after all, apparently the funny bone just falls right off at a certain point and is replaced with the judgemental knee-jerk joint.

Now this is totally hilarious! LOL!

Hey, I will order a case. Two cans won't be enough! Just let me know when it's on. LOL with you!!!!

Trusted Contributor

BRAT~
Trusted Contributor

I don't think anyone needs to "lighten up" or have "Humor Repair Therapy" when a teenager is this rude to her grandmother. This child needs a lesson in respect.

Frequent Contributor

On 2/22/2015 12andcounting said:

I don't think anyone needs to "lighten up" or have "Humor Repair Therapy" when a teenager is this rude to her grandmother. This child needs a lesson in respect.

I appreciate you proving my point.

Super Contributor

On 2/22/2015 Rabid1 said:
On 2/22/2015 12andcounting said:

I appreciate you proving my point.

Don't look now but you're not exactly coming across as the life of the party.........{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Super Contributor

On 2/22/2015 Cats3000 said:

Your "laugh for the day"? You ought to be ashamed of yourself. That's the kind of reaction that enables this kind of disgusting behavior. Many children have never learned boundaries to behavior, values and a strong moral foundation. I guess this one is one of them. {#emotions_dlg.mad}

If the o/p found the comment funny, and was able to laugh at it, who am I to judge? After all, she knows her granddaughter better than any of us here do.

Super Contributor

On 2/21/2015 glb613 said:
On 2/21/2015 Plaid Pants said:

I think it's a valid question.

Me too. I'm not saying older people can't learn new devices, they can. But what I find is, many blame their age for not trying.

Or they blame the machine.