Contributor

This was my laugh for the day today

My friend who is a retiree probably late 60's was asking her teenage granddaughter how to do something on her i phone. The granddaughter was not being very patient and my friend wasn't getting it. Finally the child looks totally serious at her and says " Why do you old people buy these devices when you know you'll never figure out how to use them?"

Valued Contributor

Re: This was my laugh for the day today

Sorry, I don't find that funny at all. I think that is totally disrespectful out of a granddaughter! {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Super Contributor

Good for you, seniorcitizen, for being able to find some humor! Smile

Esteemed Contributor

The grandmother should have reminded her that ""someone helped her learn things when she was young"". Sounds like the granddaughter has a lot to learn.

Honored Contributor

That was funny.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I think Grandsons are a bit more patient. Mine are just about all grown up now and they are little men who think it's pretty important I know these things. You know, kind of a chivalrous thing....and they are actually more patient with me than my own kids are!

Trusted Contributor

Sorry, I don't see the humor in this, either. I think the teenager was extremely disrespectful.

Respected Contributor

If this had come from a six year old it might have been funny, but from a teenager it is completely unacceptable. It wouldn't fly at my house. 'Nuff said.

Honored Contributor

Don't find this to be the least bit funny in fact I think it is kind of sad. I don't have these issues with my furry kids. Myself, I wonder why certain people buy these things for these obviously little kids, now do they really need these to function, I don't think so.
hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I'm on the side of feeling the granddaughter was disrespectful. It's fine that some fine humor in it, I just think it was very rude for a teenager.

Super Contributor

I think it's a valid question.